Add awesome looking embedded HTML representations of actual tweets in your blog posts just by adding simple shortcodes. Please read the blog post at http://themergency.com/twitter-blackbrid-pie-wordpress-plugin-03/ for more info and see a demo of the plugin in action at http://themergency.com/twitter-blackbird-pie-wordpress-plugin-demo/.
Image source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sashafatcat/4533486919/
The plugin has the following features:
- Supports Twitter Web Intents http://dev.twitter.com/pages/intents
- TinyMCE editor button to easily search and embed a tweet
- Support for the built-in embeds API (oEmbed), so a tweet URL on it's own line will be converted to a "pie"
- Supports non-english tweets & names!
- Now tweets looks pretty in RSS readers!
- Exact same look and feel as the respective Twitter profile.
- Allows for multiple "pies" in a single post.
- Stores the generated HTML in a custom field (if possible), so the Twitter API is only called the first time.
- The Custom fields used to store the tweet are hidden
- Slightly better styling than the original Blackbird Pie
- Better use of the Twitter profile background image and color and tiling.
- Uses the Twitter profile text color.
- Uses the Twitter profile link color.
- Dates are displayed like on Twitter i.e. "real time" datetime of when the tweet was tweeted. (see changelog)
- Auto-linking of URLs, hashtags, usernames within the tweet text.
- Use either the id or full URL of the tweet.