WordPress doesn't count page views by default. Top 10 will count the number of page views on your single posts on a daily as well as overall basis. You can then display the page view count on individual posts and pages as well as display a list of most popular posts based on page views.
Includes a sidebar widget to display the popular posts. And, all settings can be configured from within your WordPress Admin area itself! You can choose to disable tracking of author visits on their own posts.
- Page counter:Counts daily and total page views on single posts, pages and custom post types
- Display the count: Customize the text that can be displayed
- Show off popular posts: Display a list of daily and/or overall popular posts by page count. You can choose how many posts are to be displayed plus loads of other customisation options
- Widget ready: Sidebar widgets available for daily popular and overall popular posts. Highly customizable widgets to control what you want to display in the list of posts
- Customisable output:
- Top 10 includes a default CSS style to make your popular posts list look pretty. Choose Thumbnails inline, before title under 'Thumbnail options' when using this option
- Output wrapped in CSS classes that allows you to style the list. You can enter your custom CSS styles from within WordPress Admin area under "Custom Styles"
- Pick your own HTML tags to use for displaying the output in case you don't prefer the default
- Thumbnail support
- Support for WordPress post thumbnails
- Auto-extract the first image in your post to be displayed as a thumbnail
- Manually enter the URL of the thumbnail via WordPress meta fields
- Use timthumb to crop and resize images
- Shortcodes: The plugin includes two shortcodes
[tptn_views] to display the posts list and the number of views respectively
- Exclusions: Exclude posts from select categories from appearing in the top posts list. Also exclude posts by ID from appearing in the list
- Admin interface: View list of daily and/or overall popular posts from within the dashboard. Top 10 will also add two sortable columns to your All Posts and All Pages pages in your WordPress Admin area
- Works with caching plugins like WP-Super-Cache, W3 Total Cache or Quick Cache
- Clean uninstall: If you choose to delete the plugin from within WP-Admin, the plugin will remove all its data. But why would you?
If you're looking for a plugin to display related, look no further than my other plugin Contextual Related Posts.