The Next Generation is a powerful PHP/MySQL script that acts as a central repository for all your genealogy research, and allows others to view and search through your records. This plugin integrates TNG with your WordPress site. This plugin is free, but to use it you need to purchase TNG (currently $30).
NOTE#### If you are successfully using this plug in DO NOT upgrade to the version linked to this ReadMe file - it is NOT a newer version than what you have. Roger is trying to become familiar with publishing through the WordPress Plugins repository. This ReadMe will be updated and this note removed when the current version is available to install automatically.
- Displays TNG within WordPress with no iFrames (great for SEO!), on whichever page you choose.
- Requires no mods, and overwrites no core files. Just upload the plugin to your WordPress plugins folder.
- Moves the TNG menu into WordPress sidebar, and optionally adds a search box there, too.
- Optionally add a template switcher so every user can choose the TNG template they like best.
- Optionally integrates WordPress and TNG sign-on - effectively merges TNG and WordPress users.
- Can be used with any TNG theme, and any variable width WordPress theme.
- TNG and WordPress are kept in separate folders for easy upgrading.
- TNG and WordPress can share the same database, or you can keep them separate.
- Should be compatible with custom themes and mods.
You can view a demo at Family and Local History.
- This plugin is still in beta. Some things may not work. Do not install on your main site, nor with your only copy of your data.
- 'Pretty' permalinks must be turned on.
- It may not work with IIS (Windows server).