Network plugin for PHP v5.4 to broadcast posts to other blogs in the network. Broadcastable features include:
- Parent post links to child posts
- Posts, pages
- Taxonomies (categories, tags, etc)
- Custom fields
- Attached images
- Featured images
- Woocommerce support (see FAQ)
- WPML support
Broadcasted posts can be linked to their parents, which updates child posts when the parent post is updated. This includes all data: title, slug, content, custom fields, attachments, etc.
- Permalinks of child posts (also see Permalinks plugin in the Premium Pack)
- Canonical URLs of child posts.
For those who have Yoast's WordPress SEO plugin installed, if the Broadcast's canonical URL is selected (which will point to the parent post), it will simultaneously disable Yoast's canonical link. This will prevent search engine penalties.
- Groups plugin enables blog grouping for easy selection
- Custom field blacklist and whitelist
- Last used settings are remembered
- User role access granularity
- An enormous amount of extra features in the premium pack
The Broadcast Premium Pack is an actively maintained collection of plugins that expand the functionality of Broadcast.
For a complete list of features and more information, see Broadcast Premium Pack's page on the web. Currently the Premium Pack offers:
- Advanced Custom Fields adds support for correctly broadcasting attachment field types using the ACF plugin.
- All Blogs allows users to broadcast to all blogs in the network without having to be a user of the blog.
- All In One Calendar adds support for Timely's All In One Calendar plugin.
- Attachment Shortcodes copies attachments specified in custom shortcodes.
- Comments adds support for broadcasting of comments.
- Custom Field Attachments allows post custom field containing attachment IDs to be broadcasted correctly..
- Event Organiser adds support for Stephen Harris’ Event Organiser plugin, with events and venues.
- Keep Child Attachments keeps the child post's attachments instead of deleting them when updating a broadcast.
- Keep Child Status keeps the status of post children to private, pending, published, draft, no matter the status of the parent.
- Local Links automatically updates links to local posts on each child blog.
- Per Blog Taxonomies allows individual setting of child post taxonomies.
- Permalinks enables more precise permalink control.
- Protect Child Content prevents overwriting of child post content.
- Purge Children removes children and their attached files from child blogs.
- Redirect All Children redirects single post views from visitors of child posts to the parent post.
- Queue adds a broadcast queue which helps to broadcast posts to tens / hundreds / more blogs.
- Send To Many broadcasts many posts to several blogs at once, instead of individually editing and broadcasting each post.
- Sync Taxomnomies synchronize the taxonomies of target blogs with those from a source blog.
- User & Blog Settings (UBS) can hide the broadcast meta box and/or menu, modify the meta box to force/prevent broadcast to blogs, with separate settings for users / blogs / roles.
- User & Blog Settings Post uses the modifications from the UBS plugin to broadcast posts with one click.
- Views adds support for WP Types and Views content templates.
- WooCommerce allows product variations to be broadcasted.
Requires php v5.4 for trait support. Users of php v5.3 should remain with version 1.18. Users of php v5.3 can only use the latest legacy version: v1.18.
Available in the following languages:
The git repository can be found at: https://github.com/the-plainview/threewp_broadcast
Actions and filters
Broadcast offers some actions/filters for plugin developers with which to interact with Broadcast. See the main broadcast file and the include/threewp_broadcast/filter and /actions directories for documentation and live examples.