Automaticallly hyperlink Bible references. No special tags or extra coding are needed. Simply type a Bible reference, like John 3:16, and it is converted automatically to John 3:16.
Scripturizer uses PHP-based filtering to automatically convert Bible references in your posts, pages, and comments into hyperlinks which point to major online Bible websites, such as the Bible Gateway, NET Bible, the ESV Bible, and others.
- New Display verse when mousing over reference.
- Updated Simplified admin interface.
- Easy to install
- Easy to administer via the admin panel under the Options/Settings tab (
Options/Settings --> Scripturizer).
- Easy to use, just type in a scripture reference reference.
- No proprietary markup tags. You don’t have to use special tags (such as [bible]Genesis 1:1[/bible]) around Bible references.
- More translations than any other plugin including NIV & The Message.
- Optional open Bible links in new windows.
- Automatically include the scripture from the ESV translation on rollover or with a show/hide link next to references.
- Works for posts, pages, and comments without modifying the database.
- Dozens of versions supported in many languages. To use a specific translation, simple post-fix the abbreviation for that translation to the reference, like this: Genesis 1:1 ESV; Genesis 1:1 NIV; etc. (See the usage instructions page for more detailed instructions.)
- Support for Libronix links.
- Bibleref standards compliant.
New in Version 1.8.3
- Fixed error where text such as "Acts 1984" would get matched as a Bible reference
- Validates as XHTML
- Small changes to the Admin interface
New in Version 1.8.2
- Removed an unnecessary function to reduce file size
New in Version 1.8.1
- Fixed bug where open in new window via icon feature would return 404 errors
New in Version 1.8
- Added rollover tooltips
- ESV Show/Hide links can now be used even in the default translation links to another translation
- Show/Hide links changed from [+/-] to [show]
- Easier installation
- Streamlined code & smaller file size
- Redesigned Admin Panel to match WordPress 2.5
- CSS Code moved to an external file
- Added support for periods and endashes in the reference (ex. John 3.16–17)