- Make sure you're running WordPress version 2.3 or better. It won't work with older versions. Really.
- Download the zip file and extract the contents.
- Upload the 'tagnetic-poetry' folder to your plugins directory (wp-content/plugins/).
- Activate the plugin through the 'plugins' page in WP.
- See 'Options->Tagnetic Poetry' to adjust things like display size, etc...
In order to actually display the tag cloud, you have three options.
- Create a page or post and type [TAGNETICPOETRY] anywhere in the content. This 'tag' will be replaced by the flash movie when viewing the page.
- Add the following code anywhere in your theme to display the cloud.
<?php tagneticpoetry_insert(); ?> This can be used to add Tagnetic Poetry to your sidebar, although it may not actually be wide enough in many cases to keep the tags readable.
- The plugin adds a widget, so you can place it on your sidebar through 'Design'->'Widgets'. The widget uses a separate set of settings, so it's possible to have different background colors, sizes, etc.
If you're using version 1.0 or higher and WordPress 2.5+ you'll also be able to use shortcodes to place the Tag Cloud. This allows you to use different settings for each instance.
[tagneticpoetry args="number=5"] (shows only five tags)
[tagneticpoetry width="400"] (displays a 400 pixels wide tag cloud)
[tagneticpoetry bgcolor="999999"] (sets the background color to medium grey)