If you have a page URL of http://domain.com/about-my-organisation/contacting-us with this plugin you can direct a custom URL alias to that page such as: http://domain.com/contact
Auto update your pages permalink on name change, and automatically create a redirect to the new permalink from the old URL. You can also delete any redirect you dont want.
Please note currently the plugin requires PHP 5.3.0 or greater.
- Auto update the permalink on name change
- Support for URL aliases (redirect to your page/post from any alias you enter)
- Delete permalinks that you do not want to redirect to your page/post
- Meta boxes hidden by default
- Disables built in WordPress redirect functionality
- Disable plugin if PHP version not supported
If you would like to see more plugins by MKDO visit our website (http://mkdo.co.uk).
Here are some of the features we are working on:
- Options panel to control exactly how much/little the plugin does
- Auto update the permalink on page/post move (currently just updates on name change)
- Ability to disable or delete permalinks
- Import any previous wordpress permalinks
- Choose which page types the plugin is active on (including custom post types)
- Enable swerve via template tag
- Handle links if domain has been moved
- If an old permalink exists on another page/post when creating a new page/post, warn the user
- If a page/post is created with the same old permalink as another page/post, disable that permalink
- Short link integration
- View all incoming (internal only) and outgoing links to a page/post
- View all incoming external links (via a backlink service)
- Identify key incoming and outgoing links (customer journey planning)
- On delete identify pages that currently link to this page
- On delete prompt transfer of permalink data to another page (maintaining links)
- Ability to transfer permalink data to another page
- On delete set a custom 404 message
- Ability to externally redirect, internally redirect any page
- Ability to pull another internal page/post content into the current page/post template
If you can think anything else, let us know.