Where StatComm comes from?
StatComm is a complete rewrite of StatPress statistics plugin providing a way to migrate your data from many unsupported StatPress plugins variations.
A detailed milestone is provided on the main site on the Roadmap.
StatComm is currently under development.
Forum : WpGetReady forums
Is there any consideration for install the plugin?
Since version 1.6.3, Statcomm needs that the def folder under the installation plugin folder to be writable (777). The folder is used to handle Maxmind database updates and files to detect OS. These features can be disabled from the Option pages.
Is it multilanguage?
Yes, but keep in mind that currently only English and Spanish are up-to-date. Any who wants to contribute with translation will be awarded with a mention on the plugin.
Where can I get help?
- Please visit the WpGetReady site for news and plugin insight, and also
the WpGetReady forum the place for plugin support.
The plugin also includes a help reference to starters and important information on advanced topics.
Where is the information stored?
Statcomm information and settings are stored in three places in order to work properly:
- few options in the option table. In multisite mode saves data on sitemeta table, single site in options table.
- a database table (statcomm postfix)) where all the information about incoming user/agents is stored. On multisite environments the plugin will use one table per site using the plugin.
- plugin-location/def folder, where the user agent information is stored, also banned ip tables.
- all settings are suffixed with statcomm even those generated by subplugins.
Is there an uninstall?
- The current release provides an uninstall, cleaning all the options stored when uninstalling. Optionally you can also delete the data table, this options is available in the Advanced Tab.
- The uninstall works for single and multisite wordpress installations, table deletion included.
- In multisite mode only the Network admin is capable of uninstall the plugin and optionally delete all the tables.
How can I migrate my data from version of [Statpress plugin variation here] to StatComm? =
- A migration tool is provided from version 1.7.01. Also, there is a procedure where it is explained how to migrate data from some unsupported statistics plugins.
These tools has been updated to work in some problematic or outdated hosts.
Are you providing support for other Statpress plugin variations?
- If you are using different older/unsupported Statpress variations, StatComm is the way to go , since this plugin includes all the enhancements of older an outdated Statpress version/variations. We don't provide support for those plugins.
I cannot download the Maxmind database. I'm getting error 403
- Your ip was blocked due too much attempts to download the database or Maxmind site is banning due excess of demand. You should to try later or download it manually from http://geolite.maxmind.com/download/geoip/database/GeoLiteCity_CSV/ and then upload it to the def plugin folder. After that, be sure to activate it from the plugin option panel.
Is there any considerations with Multisite mode?
- We tested the multisite mode using subdomain configuration only. See before you create a network
- Be aware the multisite mode using different paths is currently untested.
- Some options are only available for Network Administrators in a page menu on the Network admin console:
- UA Parser database install
- Maxmind database install
- Optionally delete tables on uninstall.
- Subplugin control for network administrators (Version 1.7.30 and up)