- Upload the plugin to your
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Settings, click on
Sign Up or enter your existing site identifier.
- For your convenience, the only payment method available is Paypal. You agree to a monthly subscription that can be cancelled any time via Paypal.
- After clicking the link to Paypal, enter the necessary information, agree to the monthly subscription and click
- Define any additional directories you'd like cached on the plugin setup page. This is an optional feature as the plugin takes care of nearly all items that need to be cached automatically.
- Wait 40-45 minutes as DNS propagates for your CDN service's new CNAME. After this propagates the plugin will automatically engage and the last green indicator will show in the plugin interface.
- It will also take a bit of time for the CDN to cache your files from your origin, so immediately following the install for the next hour there may not be much of a performance benefit. Once the CDN receives a copy of the cached items (it receives this through the first access from a user) watch your WordPress install begin to FLY!
- DO NOT ENABLE SPEEDCACHE IF YOU ARE STILL DEVELOPING OR EXPERIMENTING WITH IMAGES OR CSS FILES. If you replace files that are already cached it may take up to one hour for the new copy of the file to appear from the CDN. To avoid this issue, PLEASE DEACTIVATE SPEED CACHE BEFORE YOU DEVELOP AND FOR THE DURATION OF YOUR DEVELOPMENT. When you are finished with your work, re-activate the plugin and you will be good to go!
That's it! Everything else is done automatically, including the setup of which files get cached.