Please refer to the online Help Desk available at http://www.specialrecentposts.com/support for a complete support and knowledge base.
How do i edit the CSS?
The stylesheet is located at wp-content/plugins/special-recent-posts/assets/css/css-front.css
Everything works but i see no thumbnails. Only the "no image" placeholder
This issue might be caused by several problems. Check the following list.
- First of all, make sure the relative post has at least one image inserted in its text content or a featured image assigned. Posts with no images are displayed with the default "no image" placeholder.
- Set the correct permissions on the cache folder. In order to generate the thumbnails, the plugin needs to write in the cache folder, located under special-recent-posts/cache/
Be sure this folder is set to 0775 or 0777. Please ask to your system administrator if you're not sure what you are doing.
- Thumbnails are rendered using the PHP GD libraries. These should be enabled on your server. Do a phpinfo() on your host to check if they're installed properly. Contact your hosting support to know how to enable them.
- Another problem could be that you're hosting the plugin on a MS Windows based machine. This will probably change the encoding data inside the files and could lead to several malfunctions. Better to host your site on a Unix/Linux based environment.
- External images are not allowed. This means that if you're trying to generate a thumbnail from an image hosted on a different domain, it just won't work. This is usually not allowed for security reasons.
Category/Post filtering isn't working
In order to properly filter posts by categories, you must provide a numeric value which is the Category ID.
Every WordPress category has an unique Identification number, and this can be found doing the following steps:
- Go in the Posts->Categories panel
- Mouse over a category name.
- Look at the status bar at the very bottom of your browser window. There you will find a long string containing a parameter called tag_ID and its following value.
- Take note of that number, which is the relative Category ID to insert in the SRP PRO filtering panel.
NOTE: Please remember that this procedure is also valid for post filtering.