CAPTCHA fields inhibit both human and robot participation in important kitty-related discussions. Sock'Em SPAMbots exists to take a more seamless approach to SPAM blocking, placing the burden on the robots, not the humans. Any combination of the following can be enabled:
- Cookies: require basic cookie support, and again, prove the user visited the site before submitting a comment.
- Honeypot: generic formbots will often populate all form fields with gibberish, so we can assume that if text is added to an invisible field, something robotic is happening!
- Speed: automated scripts complete comment forms with inhuman speed, thus if submissions happen really quickly, we can assume it is a robot doing the submitting!
- Links: reject comments with excessive number of links.
- Disable trackbacks or pingbacks independently of one another.