Why should I install this search goodness?
- You don't have to setup and mantain an indexing engine since Microsoft BING crawls your website for you
- Keep in mind that a large percentage of users, first will scroll the page looking for a search input box - [Steve Krug]
- It is not always easy to provide a lean navigation structure, especially when you have a deep content structure. An efficient search and find approach leads to more page views.
- Sooner or later, users will think "Let me find it" or "Let me see if is here". Allow them to do it well!
- User experience is more pleasant if you can easily find what you need
- A website with a good search engine gains reliability
Why BING and not something else?
- BING is free up to 5,000 search queries per month
- No credit card required
- Other plans over this threshold are competitive too
- BING is the most competitive one I've been able to find for this kind of API
- BING search results are always satisfactory as well as those of Google
On top of that Smart Search is flexible enough for developers who want to use a different search engine provider.