Simple WordPress Framework is a Plugin to help you create new Plugins. Even though this is first version (Beta) of Simple WordPress Framework, it is fully functional. It was designed using the standards and requirements specified in the WordPress Plugin API Manual and follows the correct programming structure, functions and procedures that are required to build a Plugin in WordPress. In every PHP file you will find notes and urls referring to WordPress API articles that are relevant to each topic.
What does this Plugin do?
- Helps new Plugin developers follow WordPress development standards.
- Provide documentation, and URL references to WordPress API in the code.
- Decreases the amount of time it takes to setup a new Plugin.
What Plugin features are supported?
- Activation - Adding options, and new database tables.
- Deactivation - Removing options and database tables created during activation.
- Menus: New - Create a new menu with submenus, separate from the admin menus.
- Options Page - A customized options page with additional CSS styles and samples of different
<input> values (textarea, text, radio, checkbox, etc.)
- Database Files - Manages the creation, updates, and removal of database files during activation, and deactivation.
farbtastic - Color Picker which allows you to select a color in a palate.
Facebox - Facebook-style lightbox which can display images, divs, or entire remote pages.
- 500+ Icons - (16 x 16) and (32 x 32) icons can be viewed from the plugin's website.
- Menus: Administrative - Add submenus to existing administration menus (release date: 02/01/2010).
- Updates - Handles automatic updates of new releases (release date: 02/01/2010).
- List, View and Edit Database a Table - Allows you to add, remove, edit, view data from a new database file (release date: 02/01/2010).
- Multiple Language Support - Samples in English, Spanish, and French (release date: 03/01/2010).
- Plugin Icon Selection - User will be allowed to select the main icon used throughout the plugin from a collection of 500+ icons. (release date: 02/01/2010).
The changelog is a good place to start if you want to know what has changed since you last downloaded the Plugin. If you would like to download previous versions, you may do so by clicking on other versions.
If you are interested in helping improve the code, develop more features, or want to contribute to the documentation, please feel free to contact me.