NOTE: If you upgraded from version 1.x to 2.x, and can't save posts or wonder what happened to your old template, this is due to a bug fixed in 2.0.4. Unbeknownst to me, WordPress no longer fires the plugin activation hook during updates. So, my update code simply didn't run and the required tables were not created. So sorry about this!
Many bloggers use a similar format for each of their posts. WordPress doesn't provide a native way to pre-fill your new posts with default text/content. This plugin provides the simplest solution to this problem. It takes 5 minutes to install and setup. The template allows you to define a title, post body, and even an excerpt. It supports HTML and even PHP for dynamically generated content. There's no easier solution.
If you use this plugin and find that it serves your needs well, please consider a donation.
If you need support, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need a WordPress developer, I'm available for hire: email@example.com
- Fixed issue with table creation SQL that caused many debug errors.
- Sacre bleu! A change in the way WordPress handles plugin updates 3 major releases ago prevented upgrades from 1.x to 2.x from working. This should be fixed with this release. So sorry for the confusion!
- Fixed bug where HTML in templates messed up templates layout.
- Fixed bug with 1.x to 2.x migration script. Previous versions did not work at all.
- Fixed bug that prevented proper use of HTML in templates.
- Fixed error in upgrade process. Should import old templates no matter what, now. Error in logic prevented this.
- NEW! Add / maintain multiple templates.
- Rewritten from the ground up to support OOP coding techniques, and the latest WordPress methods.
- Fixes blank excerpt problem
- Fixes deprecated options page syntax.
- Sorry for taking so long to update this.
- Fixes problem with blank excerpts.
- You can now specify a default excerpt in your template (in case you wanted to)
- Rewrote backend to use standard supported methods and less hacking.
- Completely fixed issue with template content breaking "Insert Template" button. Contents is now encoded to HEX and decoded upon insert.
- Removed upgrade option for legacy versions. I never received any feedback on this feature and suspect it was rarely used, if used at all.
- Redesigned admin panel for aesthetic and informational purposes. Now includes PHP examples and considerations.
- Fixed security issue. Now only Administrators can access admin pages.
- Moved all settings to administration pages under Settings -> Simple Post Template.
- Moved content of template and title to WordPress options.
- Provided upgrade mechanism to convert old templates to the new format. (May not work for all applications. Some may work but may be more complex than neccessary.)
- Added optional "Insert Template" button to new post page. You can now determine from the settings page whether or not the template will be automatically applied to all new posts.
- Plugin is now upgrade proof. Settings are stored using WordPress's setting functions.
- Various other improvements were made to address inefficiencies in the first version.