Custom Post Types, Custom Fields, Tags, Categories, Featured Images: if you need any of these, you should check out our premium plugin: Better Post Templates
Many bloggers use a similar format for each of their posts. WordPress doesn't provide a native way to pre-fill your new posts with default content. This plugin provides the simplest solution to this problem. It takes 5 minutes to install and setup. The templates allows you to define a title, post body, and even an excerpt. Each template supports HTML, as well as PHP for dynamically generated content.
If you need support, e-mail email@example.com.
If you need a WordPress developer, I'm available for hire: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sort templates alphabetically.
- Properly handles the WordPress propensity to add quotes to all request data.
- Disables that horrible 'feature' known as magic_quotes_gpc, if it is enabled (< PHP 5.4 only).
- WYSIWYG editor for post content.
- Reformatted settings page.
- Now uses singleton pattern.
- Added a few shameless plugs for Better Post Templates http://www.betterposttemplates.com
- Sacre bleu! A change in the way WordPress handles plugin updates 3 major releases ago prevented upgrades from 1.x to 2.x from working. This should be fixed with this release. So sorry for the confusion!
- Fixed bug where HTML in templates messed up templates layout.
- Fixed bug with 1.x to 2.x migration script. Previous versions did not work at all.
- Fixed bug that prevented proper use of HTML in templates.
- Fixed error in upgrade process. Should import old templates no matter what, now. Error in logic prevented this.
- NEW! Add / maintain multiple templates.
- Rewritten from the ground up to support OOP coding techniques, and the latest WordPress methods.
- Fixes blank excerpt problem
- Fixes deprecated options page syntax.
- Sorry for taking so long to update this.
- Fixes problem with blank excerpts.
- You can now specify a default excerpt in your template (in case you wanted to)
- Rewrote backend to use standard supported methods and less hacking.
- Completely fixed issue with template content breaking "Insert Template" button. Contents is now encoded to HEX and decoded upon insert.
- Removed upgrade option for legacy versions. I never received any feedback on this feature and suspect it was rarely used, if used at all.
- Redesigned admin panel for aesthetic and informational purposes. Now includes PHP examples and considerations.
- Fixed security issue. Now only Administrators can access admin pages.
- Moved all settings to administration pages under Settings -> Simple Post Template.
- Moved content of template and title to WordPress options.
- Provided upgrade mechanism to convert old templates to the new format. (May not work for all applications. Some may work but may be more complex than neccessary.)
- Added optional "Insert Template" button to new post page. You can now determine from the settings page whether or not the template will be automatically applied to all new posts.
- Plugin is now upgrade proof. Settings are stored using WordPress's setting functions.
- Various other improvements were made to address inefficiencies in the first version.