This plugin allows authors to restrict the users's access to individual pages, posts and menu items based on the user's logged in status.
Features for Authors
- You can restrict pages and posts while editing by using the "Simple Access Control" widget.
- You can set the message displayed when a visitor accesses a locked page using the "Simple Access Control" item in the Settings menu
- The locked status is shown in the admin page and post lists
- a "Loggedin Text" widget is available that only displays text to logged in users
- You can set a flag causing the menu to display even when filtered
Changes seen by users
- Locked pages and posts are not displayed
- Locked items are removed from standard and custom menus
- A message asking you to log in is displayed if you access it directly using its address or using the next and previous links
- A login/logout link is displayed in the mesage
- Loggedin Text widgets are not visible
- Pages and posts can be hidden from either logged in or not logged in users
There are no additional features supported by Simple Access Control. The code is simple, small and well documented,
so you can use it as a starting point for your own access control plugin.