- Requires PHP 5.2. Will not work with obsolete PHP versions. (This includes PHP-4).
- Verify the plugin is compatible with your WordPress Version.
- WordPress SideBars must be used. If you intend to use any other sidebars replacement, check it before using this plugin.
Installing the Widget
- Unzip the widget archive
- Upload the folder sideposts to the /wp-content/plugins directory
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Add the widget to your sidebar and select the category for the posts to show.
- Enjoy your widget.
When updating from a version prior to 2.0, you will loose your information. This is because the changes needed to allow multiple widget instances. You will have to manually set your widget again.
- Have a backup of your style.css file if you customized it.
- Can use auto-update in wordpress plugins page.
- Can upload the new files to override the old version.