IMPORTANT!!: At present Seesmic has blocked the API key for this plugin, you can read more here. So I have added support for using email notification, this is working for some users and not for others. Sorry but I can't do more about this, so blame to Seesmic not me.
UPDATE (2011/08/27): Ping.fm support will be removed in a future version of this plugin.
Sends status updates to Ping.fm (this means you can update Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Plurk, and many others at once) everytime you publish a post. Using many shorteners or even your own domain for shortened permalinks. So this way you can send status to many sites at once if you have a Ping.fm account or send only to Twitter if you prefer that.
If you find it useful, please consider to make a donation to Shorten2Ping's author (any amount will be appreciated).
- Send new posts notifications to Ping.fm service (account required).
- Avoids to ping again when editing previously pinged post or even when editing an old post not pinged before.
- Option to choose between bit.ly, tr.im, YOURLS, su.pr, is.gd, j.mp, wp.me, cli.gs or even you own domain for shortened permalinks.
- Option to turn off notification or shortener service. Now you can use Shorten2Ping only for notification if your domain is already short enough for you, or use only to get shortened urls for your posts.
- Stores created shortened permalink in a post meta field (used for template integration).
rel="shortlink" like in wp.me http://wp.me/sf2B5-shorten, creating auto-discovery link tag for the short link on single post page header.
- You can use a template tag for showing visitors the short URL (using the same rel attribute as above for the shortened permalink).
- Locale support. Now available in English, Spanish, Italian and Traditional Chinese (zh_TW). See translation section for more info.
- WPMU compatible (you can have different settings for each blog).
- Simple, fast, and useful :)
- PHP 5.x with CURL and JSON enabled (maybe works too in PHP4, but not tested and not supported by me).
- Your hosting provider must allow the use of PHP mail() function if you choose 'Ping.fm email' notification method.
- WordPress 2.7.x or higher (maybe would work on older WP, but not tested and not supported by me).
- Required your own account for the third party services that you want to use.
- Not tested and not supported on IIS servers.
If you want to make a translation for your language, use the shorten2ping.pot included and (if you want) send me the files to firstname.lastname@example.org for including it into the plugin package, you'll be credited, of course (NOTE: No sponsored translations allowed).
Credits for present translations:
- Italian translation (it_IT) made by Riccardo Vianello AKA etms51
- Traditional Chinese translation (zh_TW) made by Pseric.
- French translation (fr_FR) made by Olivier.
- Polish translation (pl_PL) made by Darek Skonieczka.
- Spanish translation (es_ES) made by myself :)