What's new in Shashin 3.4
- Responsive design: your thumbnails will look good on any size display, and so will the expanded view.
- Social sharing: link directly to the full size display of any Shashin photo from Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest (and you can just share a link directly with someone)
- Improved experience when navigating thumbnails of photos within an album
- Captions now overlay the bottom of thumbnails
- Updated to handle the latest changes from Google in how Google+ interacts with the Picasa API
Note: on the Shashin settings page, you will want to pick prettyPhoto as your viewer to take full advantage of the new responsive design and social sharing features.
Shashin has many features for displaying photos and videos from Picasa, Youtube, and Twitpic in your WordPress posts and pages:
- Show a gallery of all your Shashin albums, photos, and videos, with multiple options for how they are laid out and ordered
- Use the Media Manager to easily add Shashin photos and albums to your posts, in any size, including captions and EXIF data
- Show your photos and vidoes with PrettyPhoto or Fancybox, which are included with Shashin.
- Pick photos and videos from any combination of Picasa, Youtube, and Twitpic to display in groups of thumbnails
- Show thumbnails of your newest photos and videos, from one or more albums
- Display album thumbnails for albums you choose, or all your albums, sorted however you like.
- Display any number of random photos and videos. You can also choose to exclude certain photos or albums from random display
- Use a widget to display Shashin photos in your sidebar
- Customize the Shashin stylesheet to suit the theme of your site.
- Internationalization: Shashin supports translations into other languages (please contribute a translation if you're bilingual!)
- Schedule daily automatic synchronization of Shashin with your feeds from Picasa, Twitpic, and Youtube.
Shashin is multi-site compatible.
Enter a post in the wordpress.org support forum for Shashin, and I'll respond there.