You should have no other plugins active while running this setup plugin, since it is primarily for new installations.
Even before you add an SEO plugin, the steps after a WP installation can take 20 to 40 minutes. This plugin eliminates that time, putting all the options on one admin screen. This plugin does not replace other SEO plugins. It does what they don't do; Properly prepare you for their installation.
This plugin extends the built-in features of WordPress, and has an import / export feature, saving you even more time for additional installations.
All of the "little things", from changing permalink structure, to deleting the Hello World post, to enabling XML, and lots more, are all accessible from a single admin page.
This plug-in is designed to be a COMPANION to other plugins like All in one SEO, Headspace 2, or WordPress SEO (our favorite), and is not intended as a replacement for those. In fact, as they get better, we have disabled some of our features to avoid conflicts.
From one admin screen, click a button and make any or all of these changes...
- Change default post category name from "uncategorized" to:
- Change default blogroll category name from "blogroll" to:
- Turn OFF organization of uploads into month and year-based folders.
- Set the RSS feed to display only a summary.
- Change permalink structure to custom setting:
- Add a page and shortcode for the integrated DDSiteMap Generator
- Create a privacy page with your contact information
- Add a Contact Page
- Delete default "Hello World" post.
- Select a page to be displayed as your home page
- Change default post comments on articles.
- Delete default comment
- Set the main blog email
- Set the admin user's blog email
- Add new users
- Change the default page name from "about"
- Set the default page as the front page.
- Create the page to designate for displaying your blog posts, and name it:
- Change the blog description tagline.
- Delete all links in blogroll.
- Enable the Atom Publishing Protocol.
- Enable the WordPress, Movable Type, MetaWeblog and Blogger XML-RPC publishing protocols.
- Add a robots.txt file to your blog root.(This WILL overwrite any existing robots.txt file and cannot be undone.)
- Footer control
- Add a copyright date to the footer.
- Add an admin login to the footer.
- Add the static sitemap link to the footer.
- Uploads Folder: You will need to have writable permission
- Attempt to create the uploads folder and set the permission to writable.
- Change H2 tags to H1
- Import / export your settings from another site. Once you set preferences the first time, just export. Then import that file on future domains, and you're done.
As of September 2013 we have integrated the "Our Profiles" plugin, adding a new menu item with a profiles page.