- Activate the plugin.
- Visit Sell Media -> Settings and configure the options.
- Insert the required Sell Media shortcodes onto your preferred Pages (see FAQ section).
- Visit Sell Media -> Licenses and add or configure your default licenses for new uploads.
- Visit Sell Media -> Add New and upload an image, video, audio file or pdf for sale.
Visit the official plugin Documentation to learn how to setup and customize Sell Media
IMPORTANT: PayPal Setup
In order for PayPal to communicate with your site, you must do three things:
- Set your IPN in PayPal
- Enable Auto Return in PayPal
- Enable Payment Data Transfer in PayPal
Setting your IPN in PayPal
- Login to your PayPal account.
- Mouse over the Profile menu option and then click on the Selling Tools menu option.
- Scroll down to "Getting paid and managing my risk" and click the Update link beside "Instant payment notifications".
- Paste your PayPal IPN URL onto that page in PayPal. Your PayPal IPN URL is located on the Sell Media Settings page.
Enabling Auto Return in PayPal
- Log in to your PayPal account at https://www.paypal.com. The My Account Overview page appears.
- Click the Profile subtab. The Profile Summary page appears.
- Click the My Selling Tools link in the left column.
- Under the Selling Online section, click the Update link in the row for Website Preferences.
- Under Auto Return for Website Payments, click the On radio button to enable Auto Return.
- In the Return URL field, enter the URL to your Thanks Page. NOTE: PayPal checks the Return URL that you enter. If the URL is not properly formatted or cannot be validated, PayPal will not activate Auto Return.
Enabling Payment Data Transfer in PayPal
- On the same page as you set your Auto Return url, find the Payment Data Transfer section and click the On radio button to enable Payment Data Transfer.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the Save button.
PayPal is now ready to communicate with your website.