Secure HTML5 Video Player
Secure HTML5 Video Player allows you to play HTML5 video on modern browsers. Videos can be served privately; pseudo-streamed from a secured directory
- Removed dependency on Flowplayer for Flash fallback.
- Added back fallback support for Firefox playback of MP4 videos using Flash.
- Added GPLv3 licensing info.
- Moved screenshots to the central plugin assets folder.
- Upgraded Flowplayer files to the latest version to resolve a security hole.
- Removed option for Flash fall back. Flash fall back now happens automatically, and only for IE 7 and 8.
- Added option to turn on controls in HTML5 video player for the native skin setting.
- Added Spanish language localization, courtesy of webhostinghub.com.
- Added ability to set the duration time for S3 media lifespan.
- Expanded the S3 server list for current Amazon S3 global regions. Note: The S3 server must be specified to the one that matches the region of the bucket.
- Added additional help text in the S3 settings tab.
- Added support for Amazon S3 (and compatible file services) for video file storage and secured video serving.
- Fixed an issue where uppercase file extension videos were not recognized.
- Optimized temporary value cache to use APC, if available.
- Fixed a typo in the help section.
- Made file caching an optional setting over the legacy pseudo streaming via PHP.
- Organized settings into tabs.
- Added option to always display video download links.
- Improved fallback behavior with native skin.
- Added support for organization of videos into folders for secured video files.
- Optimized storage of featured video meta data.
- Optimized videos so that they're served from cached directories and filenames. This dramatically improves the performance on hosting providers that limit the resources allocated to PHP scripts.
- Corrected compatibility problems with "W3 Total Cache".
- Removed warning messages printed when detecting the installation path in the control panel.
- Corrected an issue where the poster image was not restored after the video plays.
- Added support for media servers.
- Added support for external video services (Youtube and Vimeo) as primary or fallback media.
- Added a native skin option to use the default player interface in the browser.
- Added localization support.
- Corrected detection of files ending with: .theora.ogv
- Corrected autoplay support
- Corrected FAQ to adhere to WordPress.org's standards.
- Added support for playing videos in widgets.
- Added support for looping videos.
- Added screenshots.
- Added answers to frequently asked questions.
- Corrected script tag to be compliant to standards.
- Corrected flash fallback object tag for IE8 compatibility.
- Corrected a syntax error in the VideoJS skin: hu.css
Requires: 3.0 or higher
Compatible up to: 3.8.3
Last Updated: 2014-1-10
4.4 out of 5 stars
0 of 1 support threads in the last two months have been resolved.
Got something to say? Need help?