Sabre is an acronym for Simple Anti Bot Registration Engine.
It's a set of counter measures against spam registration on your blog.
Your visitors are granted permission to register freely on your blog and now you are plagued by fake users automatically created by spammers? Sabre is the solution to stop definitely these robotized visitors!
List of available features:
- Inclusion of a captcha in the registration form
- Selection of the captcha's complexity
- Selection of the background colour for the captcha image
- Inclusion of a math test in the registration form
- Selection of the math test's complexity
- Inclusion of a text test in the registration form
- Random or fixed choice of the test to run
- Unobstrusive tests to detect if registration is done by humans or not
- Registration blocked if visitor's IP address is found on ban lists
- The site administrator can validate the user registration (monosite only)
- The user can validate his registration by clicking on a link sent by mail (monosite only)
- Limited number of days for user confirmation. Without beeing confirmed within the period of time, the user account is disabled (monosite only)
- Log on prohibited before user confirmation (monosite only)
- User is allowed to choose his password when registering on the site (monosite only)
- User must agree with a warning text, disclaimer or general policy note when registering
- User must give an invitation code during registration
- Main statistics displayed on the site's dashboard
- Custom logo on logon/registration screen (monosite only)
All these features are activated by parameters. Thus, Sabre is flexible enough and fits the protection policy you define for your blog.
For WordPress 3.0 or higher in mono or multisite modes, use Sabre 1.2.2
For WordPress 2.5 to 2.9.x, use Sabre 1.1.2
For WordPress prior to 2.5, use Sabre 0.6.3
If you are upgrading from a previous install, don't forget to deactivate Sabre before overwriting the older files with the new ones. Then activate it again so Sabre can apply the required database and options updates.