- Upload the entire
rsvpmaker folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
- Visit the RSVPMaker options page to configure default values for RSVP email notifications, etc.
- Ensure you have enabled directory-style permalinks so the address to events is displayed in the format /rsvpmaker/my-event/ rather than ?rsvpmaker=my-event -- see http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permalinks
- See the documentation for shortcodes you can use to create an events listing page, or a list of event headlines for the home page. Use the RSVPMaker widget if you would like to add an events listing to your WordPress sidebar.
- OPTIONAL: Depending on your theme, you may want to create a single-rsvpmaker.php template to prevent confusion between the post date and the event date (move the post date display code to the bottom or just remove it). A sample for the Twentyten theme is included with this distribution.
- OPTIONAL: To enable online payments for events, obtain a PayPal API signature and password, edit the included paypal-constants.php file, and upload it (ideally to a location outside of web root). Record the file location on the settings screen.
- OPTIONAL: Install RSVPMaker Excel if you want the ability to export RSVP reports to a spreadsheet.
- OPTIONAL: You can override any of the functions in rsvpmaker-pluggable.php by creating your own rsvpmaker-custom.php file and adding it to the plugins directory (the directory above the rsvpmaker folder). You can, for example, override the function that displays the RSVP form to include more, fewer, or different fields.
For basic usage, you can also have a look at the plugin homepage.