A customizable plugin to display photos from an RSS or Atom feed as a widget or shortcode.
- Improved display of Slideshow v2 in IE; known issue with opacity but there are no black or white bars any more
- Fixed a layout glitch to clear after the RSSPhoto div so elements below will align properly
- Introduction of Slideshow v2: principal improvement is the ability to fade in and out image titles when the user moves the cursor over the image.
- Simplified method for specifying dimensions: set the width and height directly, and RSSPhoto will automatically general thumbnails without distortion from incorrect aspect ratio.
- Introduction of a debug mode to simplify troubleshooting
- Bug fix: previous versions could generate incorrect paths to the cache when the blog URL and wordpress URL were different, resulting in no thumbnails being displayed.
- Various stability, performance, and bug fixes.
- Bug fix: extra HTML tags which distorted the sidebar layout
- Bug fix: removed check for thumbnail cache directory which caused problems in some installs
- RSSPhoto no longer requires the SimplePie Core plugin! (but support for using SimplePie Core plugin is preserved). Instead, the WordPress built-in
fetch_feed function is used.
- Improved error messages and feedback
- Various stability improvements
- Added the (beta-version) capability to show image titles although the option has not been extended to the widget settings UI yet (see FAQ)
- Compatibility update for yet another different mime type that means "jpeg"
- Stability update: works "out-of-the-box" with all the feeds I've encountered so far in troubleshooting, except where SimplePie settings need to be changed
- Performance improvements: removed an http request from the critical path for thumbnail generation
- When embedded images are small, RSSPhoto will now allow upscaled locally cached thumbnails (previously, images would not be displayed at all)
- Added support for wordpress.com feeds
- Improved RSS parsing code to handle more implementation varieties (specifically better handling of enclosures)
- Added support for MobileMe (Apple) RSS feeds
- Added support for theme integration
- Added a method for retrieving images from different portions of an RSS 2.0 feed (Atom feeds remain the same)
- Add support for images contained in RSS enclosure tags
- Fixed an annoyance where slideshow would play with only one image
- Add shortcode support allowing RSSPhoto to be displayed on any page
- Further improved code organization, separating RSSPhoto code from shortcode and widget code.
- Re-introduced multi-widget support
- Bug fix; v0.5 required PHP5. v0.5.1 should restore PHP4 support.
- Added jQuery slideshow option (default)
- Intelligently selects content or description tag based on feed type
- Streamlined options to make widget configuration simpler
- Improved code organization with better class structure and readability
- !Important: Removed multi-widget support!
- Added support for solution to display images from a feed with incorrectly identified media type
- Added support for multiple images and multiple feed items
- Added support for filtering out images smaller than a user-defined pixel value (height or width)
- Reconfigured to the Widget options panel to reduce the height
- Added support for PNGs and GIFs
- Improvement on previous bug fix to use bloginfo 'wpurl' variable to form thumbnail URL
- Separate out image selection from feed item selection (so you can select a random image from the most recent
feed item or vice versa)
- Improve the display of the Widgets settings as more options were becoming available
- Major bug fix with thumbnail URLs pointing to the wrong location
- Allow multiple RSSPhoto widgets to be present simultaneously
- Selection of fixed width, height, or max dimension for thumbnails
- Selection of pulling images from Content tags or Description tags from feeds
- Fixed a bug where changing the thumbnail size wouldn't be reflected due to cached thumbnails with the same filename
- Rolled up all other bug fixes from 0.1.* plus fixed a bug where there was no default value for the Image Selection field.
- Fixed a bug where the title may not have been saved properly
- Fixed an issue where the Max dimensions field had the wrong label
- Original version
- Specify widget title
- Accepts any RSS or Atom feed URL
- Customize thumbnail size
- Select random or most recent image selection method
Requires: 2.8 or higher
Compatible up to: 2.8.6
Last Updated: 2009-11-30
Got something to say? Need help?