rootsPress interprets a Gedcom file and creates pages to display information in a simple to use format.
It displays each persons details along with links to parents, spouse or spouses and children. Multiple marriages are supported.
Events and facts associated with the individual are shown with thumbnails of supporting media.
Source citations are also included for each event.
- builds a database from a Gedcom file (5.5)
- displays data for each individual with a portrait if available
- displays parents with links to their pages
- displays each family (spouse and children) for every recorded marriage
- displays all events and facts along with image thumbnails and sources for those events.
- clicking on thumbnails shows a full size image using Slimbox2 (Lightbox clone)
- displays a map of all events which have place coordinates using Google Maps V3
- displays photos in the area of an event using the geograph (UK only) or Panoramio services
- includes an index page to enable finding and navigating to individuals
- displays a scrollable/pannable interactive family tree showing ancestors and descendants of the individual selected as key person
- Supports multiple separate family trees from different gedcom files (subject to space limitations)
- The default (first displayed) individual defaults to the first entry in the database. The administrator can change this.
- Trees can be restricted by the administrator so that only logged on users can see details.
- Supports languages through WordPress localization