This plugin allows in minutes to:
- Automatically place a Google Map inside every post where you need to: just write an address in a specific box which is automatically added in the post editing window. Map can be placed before (default) or after the content in your single post template. The cool bouncing marker will also show the address if clicked. It is easily stylable with CSS.
- Live example: the Pantheon in Rome (single post map) http://www.romeluv.com/blog/353-pantheon
- Learn how to do it now reading the plugin tutorial at http://www.romeluv.com/maps-plugin-testrun/how-to-setup/ for instructions and screenshots.
- Generates where you want a Global Map with all the posts, placing this global map in a standard WordPress Page via a simple [GLOBALMAP] shortcode. A Global Map Live example: http://www.romeluv.com/map
- Can filter the Global Map adding just a category parameter to the URL, just add the parameter like shown above to your page's URL, where you've placed the global map shorttag. Example URL : Eating in Rome http://www.romeluv.com/map?cat=6
- Might work on legacy WP 2.X but haven't had a chance to test, sorry.
Can be ideal for mapping itineraries or building a travel website, or a destination guide.
As you can see by the live examples shown before, this plugin was developed for the RomeLuv site, a WordPress blog featuring a cool Google maps implementation to map what we recommend in Rome: bars, cafes, restaurants, attractions; these are just POSTS in different categories as it is plain to see. A way to use WordPress to build a destination guide.
The use of the plugin can be quite large, from building a geoblog to a classifieds site, many WordPress sites can benefit by this simple and fast Google integration plugin. Enjoy. Price is just a small credit link to this page on your global map, should you ever build one.