This plugin allows you to display related posts with similar words in category, tags, title or by adding special meta key for posts.
Here is an example for Russian language files:
1. In order to use another language for WordPress it is necessary to set the WP version to the required language and in configuration wp file -
wp-config.php in the line
define('WPLANG', ''); write
define('WPLANG', 'ru_RU');. If everything is done properly the admin panel will be in Russian.
2. Make sure that there are files
ru_RU.mo in the plugin (the folder languages in the root of the plugin).
3. If there are no such files it will be necessary to copy other files from this folder (for example, for Italian language) and rename them (you should write
ru_RU instead of
it_IT in the both files).
4. The files are edited with the help of the program Poedit - http://www.poedit.net/download.php - please load this program, install it, open the file with the help of this program (the required language file) and for each line in English you should write translation in Russian.
5. If everything is done properly all lines will be in Russian in the admin panel and in the frontend.
Everything you need is to place the code [bws_related_posts] into the page or post.
You don't need to use shortcode in widget - Related Posts Plugin has it's own widget. You just need to drag it into the wigdet area.
Depending of your choise plugin display related post: - if you select option Category - related post will display by similar words in categories; - if you select option Tags related post will display by similar words in tags; - if you select option Title related post will display by similar words in title of the posts and pages; - if you select option Meta Key related post will display by meta key.
After you choosed "Meta Key" you should do follow: - go to the "All posts"; - choose post which you want to display by our plugin; - click "edit"; - bellow the form of post, you will see the next field: "Check 'Key' if you want to display this post with Related Posts Plugin"; - check the radio button "Key"; - save the post; - repeat all this step for each post you want to display as related.
Please make sure that the problem hasn't been discussed yet on our forum (http://support.bestwebsoft.com). If no, please provide the following data along with your problem's description: 1. the link to the page where the problem occurs 2. the name of the plugin and its version. If you are using a pro version - your order number. 3. the version of your WordPress installation 4. copy and paste into the message your system status report. Please read more here: Instuction on System Status