Recent Posts with Excerpts
A widget that lists your most recent posts with optional excerpts.
- Added 'recent_posts_with_excerpts_query' filter to allow modifications to the widget's query.
- Changed the_time() to get_the_time(), which prevents the date from appearing outside its intended heading tag.
- Cleaned up empty classes.
- Added actions to the top (
recent_posts_with_excerpts_begin) and bottom (
recent_posts_with_excerpts_end) of the widget output, for developers to customize. See the FAQ tab for an example.
- Improved the thumbnail size dropdown.
- Added support for displaying post thumbnails with the excerpts.
- Localized strings for translators.
- Fixed a bug in which limiting the posts to a category and/or tag would override the setting for the number of posts to display.
- Fixing bugs and restoring "more" option broken in 2.3.
- Added option to display the date.
- Fixed HTML validation error. (Thanks, Cris!)
- Added tag limit option
- All widget input fields are now localized (September 11, 2009)
- Added widget title option
- had to jump version numbers (did the earlier ones wrong, apparently) (August 3, 2009)
- bugfix -- needed to reset the Loop after the widget runs (August 2, 2009)
- bugfix -- 'more' text did not change according to settings (July 26, 2009)
- Added category option (July 26, 2009)
- First release (July 24, 2009)
Requires: 2.8 or higher
Compatible up to: 3.8.1
Last Updated: 2014-2-28
4.5 out of 5 stars
0 of 2 support threads in the last two months have been resolved.
Got something to say? Need help?