1.8.5 - December 3, 2013
- Fixed: Character encoding for scandinavian languages etc.
1.8.4 - December 2, 2013
- Fixed: Empty events won't show
- Improved: a cache renewal is no longer required after changing the image size
- Improved: after changing important settings, cache will automatically be cleared
- Improved: added a test configuration button which performs a simple ping to Facebook.
- Improved: added an info message for new users
- Improved: filters are now added the "WordPress way", which means they can be disabled
- Improved: namespaced the trigger for renewing the cache
- Improved: added empty
index.php files to prevent directory listings
- Improved: code clean-up
1.8.3 - November 17, 2013
- Fixed: removed weird character between comment count and timestamp
1.8.2 - November 17, 2013
- Fixed: some translated strings in settings pages were not printed.
- Improved: plugin file can no longer be access directly
- Improved: better plugin code loading
- Improved: disabled plugin directory listing
- Added: domain path
- Added: license file
- Updated Dutch translations
1.8.1 - November 4, 2013
- Fixed: link previews without images not showing
- Added: filter
rfbp_show_link_images to hide link preview images
- Improved: Link preview CSS
1.8 - November 3, 2013
- Added: previews of attached links, with image and short description (like Facebook)
- Added: Translation files
- Added: Dutch translations
- Improved: Moved cache time to a filter.
- Improved: Removed
1.7.3 - October 28, 2013
- Added: option to unhook
1.7.2 - October 18, 2013
- Fixed: No posts showing up for Scandinavian languages
- Improved: Links will no longer show up twice
- Added: Conversion of common smileys
1.7.1 - October 17, 2013
- Fixed: fetching posts from wrong Facebook page. Sorry for the quick version push.
- Improved: default CSS
1.7 - October 16, 2013
- Fixed issue where strings with dots where turned into (broken) links.
- Improved: better linebreaks
- Improved: Now using WP Transients for caching
- Improved: Now using WP HTTP API for fetching posts, which allows for other transfer methods besides just cURL.
- Improved: No user access token is required any more. Access tokens will now never expire.
1.6 - October 7, 2013
- Improved code performance and readability
- Improved usability of admin settings
- Improved: cleaner HTML output
- Improved: default CSS
- Improved: image resizing
- Improved: default settings
- Added installation instructions link to admin settings
- Added many CSS classes to output
- Fixed extra double quote breaking link validation
Important: CSS Selectors and HTML output has changed in this version. If you're using custom styling rules you'll have to edit them after updating.
1.5.3 - October 3, 2013
- Improved: Code improvement
- Improved: UI improvement, implemented some HTML5 fields
- Improved: Moved options page back to sub-item of Settings.
1.5.2 - October 1, 2013
- Fixed: max-width in older browsers
1.5.1 - September 20, 2013
- Improved: a lot of refactoring, code clean-up, etc.
- Improved: "open link in new window" option now applies to ALL generated links
- Improved: huge performance improvement for retrieving posts from Facebook
- Improved: some code refactoring
- Improved: cache now automatically invalidated when updating settings
- Improved: settings are now sanitized before saving
- Fixed: like and comment count no longer capped at 25
- Changed links to show your appreciation for the plugin.
- Changed cache folder to the WP Content folder (outside of the plugin to prevent cache problems after updating the plugin).
- Added redirection fallbacks when headers have already been sent when trying to connect to Facebook.
- Fixed error message when cURL is not enabled.
- Improved some messages and field labels so things are more clear.
- Updated Facebook API class.
- Added Facebook icon to WP Admin menu item
- Changed the connecting to Facebook process
- Improved error messages
- Improved code, code clean-up
- Improved usability in admin area by showing notifications, removing unnecessary options, etc.
- Added notice when access token expires (starting 14 days in advance)
- Fixed: Cannot redeclare Facebook class.
- Fixed: Images not being shown when using "normal" as image source size
- Fixed: empty status updates (friends approved)
- Changed the way thumbnail and normal image links are generated, now works with shared photos as well.
- Added read_stream permission, please update your access token.
- Added cache succesfully updated notice
- Added option to hide images
- Added option to load either thumbnail or normal size images from Facebook's CDN
- Added border to image links
- Fixed parameter app_id is required notice before being able to enter it.
- Fixed: Reverted back to 'posts' instead of 'feed', to exclude posts from others.
- Fixed: undefined index 'count' when renewing cache file
- Fixed: wrong comment or like count for some posts
- Improved: calculation of cache file modification time to prevent unnecessary cache renewal
- Improved: error message when cURL is not enabled
- Improved: access token and cache configuration options are now only available when connected
- Fixed: Added spaces after the like and comment counts in the shortcode output
- Updated: Expanded installation instructions.
- Changed: Some code improvements
- Added: Link to Facebook numeric ID helper website.
- Added: Check if cache directory exists. If not the plugin will now automatically try to create it with the right permissions.
- Added: option to open link to Facebook Page in a new window.
- Added: Shortcode to show a list of recent facebook updates in your posts: '[recent_facebook_posts]'
- Added: More user-friendly error message when cURL is not enabled on your server.
- Improved: The way the excerpt is created, words (or links) won't be cut off now
- Fixed: FB API Error for unknown fields.
- Added: Images from FB will now be shown too. Drop me a line if you think this should be optional.
- Improved the way the link to the actual status update is created (thanks Nepumuk84).
- Improved: upped the limit of the call to Facebooks servers.
- Fixed a PHP notice in the backend area when renewing cache and fetching shared status updates.
- Added option to show link to Facebook page, with customizable text.
- Added error messages for easier debugging.
- Added option to load some default CSS
- Added option to show like count
- Added option to show comment count
- Improved usability. Configuring Recent Facebook Posts should be much easier now due to testing options.