Our mission is to publish pictures worth 1,000 words. The official WordPress plugin for Pressgram allows you automated management of the many awesome images you post to your own blog from the Pressgram app.
What does the plugin do?
Once activated and configured, the Pressgram plugin will handle all incoming posts from Pressgram. It will ...
- Auto-categorize the post to the category selected during setup.
- Apply fine control settings according to your custom setup and any powertags you've defined.
- Feature Pressgram images via a simple and clean Pressgram widget.
- Write metadata to your database identifying the post and the image as from Pressgram.
How do I set up the plugin?
Upon activation, the plugin will prompt you to configure settings for Pressgram management. (found at Settings > Media)
- Select a category that will be auto-assigned to your Pressgram posts. (note: no need to assign this category in-app)
- Define custom fine control settings to handle your Pressgram posts. (note: override settings in-app via powertags)
- Enable post types for which you would like to allow Pressgram relation.
- If desired, add the Pressgram widget to sidebars.
What fine control settings are included?
The following fine control presets are customizable to your blog:
- Show/hide Pressgram defined category posts from home page.
- Show Pressgram defined category posts on home page only if they also contain at least one additional category.
- Show/hide Pressgram defined category posts from rss feeds.
- Show Pressgram defined category posts in feeds only if they also contain at least one additional category.
- Post Type: select from available post types or select 'Unattached Media'
- Post Status: select from Published, Pending, Draft, or Private
- Post Format: select from available post formats
- Featured Image Control: set as featured image (or not)
- Image Alignment: select from Left, Center, Right, or None
- Image Link: select from Media File, Attachment Page, or None
- Comment Status: allow or disallow
- Trackback Status: allow or disallow
- Hashtag Translation: translate hashtags to post tags
- Post Content Removal: options to remove hashtags, non-hashtag text, and/or the image
How do post relations and the widget work?
Pressgram post relation is created for all posts made from Pressgram. Post relation can be broken or created for posts by use of the checkbox found in the Publish metabox of posts. The widget allows you to display from 1 to 16 images in a grid of one to four columns for recent posts that are related to Pressgram. Images link to the associated Pressgram post on your blog.
What are powertags?
Powertags allow you in-app control of how the plugin will process a single Pressgram post. Use the following tags in-app and you control how your content is published and displayed:
- _t:post-type (post-type must be an existing post type slug: ex. post, attachment)
- _s:post-status (post-status options include: publish, pending, draft, private)
- _f:post-format (post-format must be a supported post format: ex. image, aside, standard)
- _i:featured-image (featured-image must be either t or f and will control featured image assignment)
- _a:image-alignment (image-alignment options: left, center, right, none)
- _l:image-link (image-link options: link, post, none)
- _c:comment-status (comment status must be t or f)
- _p:ping-status (ping status must be t or f)
- _h:hashtag-translation (hashtag-translation must be t or f)
- _r:removal-of-content (remove content options: hashtags, text, image)
Download the mobile app here and support our community with some official swag!