Next Major Release Announcements
- PowerPress 6.0+ will no longer be compatible with WordPress 3.0.x, 3.1.x and 3.2.x. Please upgrade to WordPress 3.3 or newer to install future versions of PowerPress.
- Translation support will change in PowerPress 6.0+. Translations will be packaged in a separate plugin made available on WordPress.org. This will allow us to release translations separately and more often.
- We are looking for beta testers! If you would like to beta test future versions of PowerPress, please contact us with your name and email.
- Released on 4/3/3014
- Fixed bug found with some versions of php with a parse error on line 1345 (Thanks joebotha for reporting)
- Released on 4/3/3014
- Added logic to deal with the WP Super Cache plugin adding HTML comments at the bottom of feeds. Setting to allow HTML comments with a note have been added to the Feed settings page.
- Added logic to deal with the W3 Total Cache plugin adding HTML comments at the bottom of feeds. Uses same setting as above.
- Added logic for Verify feature to ignore PHP Warning messages caused by other plugins.
- Added the riff module to getid3 library (thanks Kathy for reporting the riff error)
- Fixed bug with Blubrry media hosting screen, selecting already published media not returning to the post edit screen (Thanks Paul for making us aware of the bug)
- Fixed notice message found in powerpressadmin-defaults.php (thanks sbmorrissey for bringing to our attention)
- Added support for future MultiSite features.
- Tested compatibility with WordPress 3.9.
- Released on 3/2/2014
- Added logic for Blubrry Services to use alternative API servers to address random issues with session errors.
- Released on 1/30/2014
- Fixed bug with MEjs player not working for m4a files (Thanks JT for the code patch!)
- Added logic to PowerPress edit iTunes Subscription URL settings, precaution to make sure the field is saved correctly.
- Made a few CSS changes for WordPress 3.8+
- Noted in the HTML5 audio player option that Firefox 26.0+ now supports mp3 playback. We are aware that Firefox 21.0 supported mp3 playback but it was limited to particular Windows versions.
- Fixed bug where player and links may not appear for custom post type podcasting episodes. (Thanks Seth and Segovia for discovering and helping me debug the problem!)
- Fixed bug where Blubrry hosting customers may not have been able to publish media for custom post type podcasting.
- Renamed post type podcasting setting field in database to avoid possible field setting conflicts.
- Added logic to allow for the premium podcast feeds feature to work with custom post type podcasting.
- Added the HTML5 download attribute, when then download link is clicked the file will be downloaded, rather than streamed to default media player. Only Chrome, Firefox and Opera web browsers currently support this HTML5 attribute.
- Released on 12/3/2013
- Fixed bug with feed title not properly XML encoding ampersand. (Thanks Robin for bringing to our attention!)
- Updated supported version number to WordPress 3.7.1
- Released on 09/23/2013
- Fixed another bug with Feed Episode Maximizer RSS having the invalid characters when used with WordPRess 3.6. Added function
powerpress_get_the_excerpt_rss() to permanently fix issue.
PHP_EOL from powerpress-player.php where the player links are added to the post content. This should solve the issue where some themes or plugins replace new line characters with actual
<br/> tags. (Thanks Nathan for the fix!)
- Option to remove statistics from Dashboard has been re-added. 5.0/5.0.1 removed the option which was automatically disabling statistics in dashboard. Our mistake!
- Fixed bug with embed link no longer appearing when using FlowPlayerClassic audio player. (thanks cimmerian for bringing to our attention!)
- Fixed bug with Taxonomy podcasting program level attributes (description, itunes subtitle) not getting applied to taxonomy feed correctly (Thanks Matt for bringing to our attention!)
- Fixed bug with file size and duratoin checkbox setting in General Settings not saving correctly (Thanks Bridge Maker for letting us know about the bug!)
- Added image uploader option to both the episode entry box poster image and new itunes image fields. This version will not cause issues with the media upload button if a user cancels the image upload.
- Released on 08/30/2013
- Removed debug alert box from PowerPress mejs file, only occurred in IE and Safari browsers
- Fixed issue with blubrry Hosting users not being able to upload media with some versions of PHP.
- Fixed podcast title in defaults mode not getting applied to podcast feed.
- Moved extensive changelog history to PowerPress Version History page.
- Released on 08/27/2013
- Advanced Mode added (Was an old feature in PowerPress 1.0 that was removed since 2.0, now it's back!)
- Default Mode with 3 Simple Steps added!
- Taxonomy Podcasting added (feature sponsored by AfterBuzzTV.com)
- Post Type Podcasting added
- MediaElement.js HTML5/CSS Audio and Video player added. You must have WordPress 3.6+ to use this player.
- Embed player will now use the MediaElement.js player when selected
- We now allow images that are 300x300 as the itunes image, but a warning is printed at the top of the page.
- Fixed bug where settings saved message did not always appear at the top of the pages.
- Added define
POWERPRESS_NO_PODCAST_FEED, if set to true in wp-config, PowerPress will not add the default podcast feed with slug name 'podcast'. For users who exclusively want a page or category called 'podcast'. NOTE: There will be no podcast only feed provided by default when this define is set, use at your own risk.
- iTunes and RSS image settings moved to "Artwork" tab.
- New iTunes Episode image option added to both the Artwork tab as well as the Episode Entry Box (Thanks Robin Brinkler and Daniel Lewis for suggesting the features)
- jQuery based watermark replaced with HTML5 placeholder values, the jquery.watermark.js is no longer packaged with PowerPress.
- Fixed bug with Feed Episode Maximizer RSS having the invalid characters when used with WordPRess 3.6.
- Feed Episode Maximizer is no longer experimental, we've successfully used the feature on a number of podcasts without issue for over a year now.
- Player width for audio and video can now use a percentage, ideal for resposive sites.
- player.js script is now always enqueued with other WordPress scripts. If you have player issues, please update your theme!
- Added link to settings from the plugins management screen, should help folks who are new to PowerPress find settings quickly.
- Releaesd on 6/20/2013
- PowerPress 5.0 is coming! If you would like to beta test, please contact Angelo at cio [at] rawovice dot com. Beta testing starts when WordPress 3.6 is released, PowerPress 5.0 will utilize some new features in WordPress 3.6.
- The PowerPress Version Updates Survey results will be posted in the coming weeks. Based on user feedback, we will release minor updates within 7 days if necessary, major releases between 1-3 months apart, and new features will be included in the plugin but disabled by default.
- Fixed logic for displaying statistics in dashboard to time out after 1 second (was previously 15 seconds) so if there's a network issue between the server and blubrry.com the dashboard still loads promptly. (Thanks Michael Hansen for bringing to our attention!)
- Added new filter
powerpress_feed_auth for other plugins to filter feed authentication. (Thanks amereservant for the feature suggestion!)
- Added new define
POWERPRESS_AUTO_DETECT_ONCE, edits to existing episodes will use the specify option if this define is set to true. (Thanks amereservant for the feature suggestion!)
- Fixed bug with ID3 tagging not correctly incrementing the track number for episodes. This only affected Blubrry hosting customers who had this option turned on. (Thanks RWPeck for bringing to our attention!)
- Mobile devices now use the same HTML5 player as the regular desktop HTML5 player found in PowerPress. This is due to reports that some mobile devices are now pre-loading media on pages, this will cut down on such bandwidth. (Thanks Daniel for bringing to our attention)
- Added new define
POWERPRESS_POST_TYPES, when set, only the post types specified are given podcasting episode entry boxes. Multiple post types are separated by commas. Example with added movies custom post type added:
'page,post,movies'. This will bypass the default behavior of adding episode boxes to all post types with
- Fixed bug with unchecking iTunes Closed Captioned option not saving. (Thanks davidcross for reporting bug)
Additional PowerPress Version History
Please visit the PowerPress Version History page for history prior to version 4.0.9.