Blubrry PowerPress brings the essential features for podcasting to WordPress. Developed by podcasters for podcasters, PowerPress offers full iTunes support, web audio/video media players and more.
PowerPress Key Features
- Full iTunes Support: Adds iTunes compliant podcast feeds to your WordPress blog.
- Integrated HTML5 and Flash Media Players: Audio/video web players with embed support from sites such as YouTube and Ustream.tv.
- HTML5 video support: Add both mp4 and webm media to each episode for maximum platform compatibility
- Advanced and Default Mode: Simplfy settings using only the defaults, or harness all the potential of podcasting with Advanced Mode.
- Media Modifiers: Easily add, modify and remove podcasts form blog posts and pages.
- Migration tools: Quickly migrate from PodPress, Blogger or Movable Type without losing episodes.
- Multi-podcast support: Create separate podcasts by category (Category Podcasting) or by media format (Podcast Channels).
- Post Type and Taxonomy podcasting options, create podcasts from custom post types and taxonomies.
- Supported Media Formats: mp3, m4a, mp4, m4v, webm, ogg, oga, ogv, wma, ra, mp4a, m4v, mp4v, mpg, asf, avi, wmv, flv, swf, mov, divx, 3gp, midi, wav, aa, pdf, torrent, m4b, m4r, epub.
- *Media Statistics: Get FREE Blubrry Media Statistics from your WordPress dashboard.
- Languages supported: English, Danish, French, Simplified Chinese, Italian (Want to translate PowerPress?)
*The Blubrry basic statistics service is FREE. Our Premium Statistics Service, which includes RawVoice Certified Statistics, U.S. downloads, trending and exporting, is available for $5 month.
Full iTunes Support!
iTunes can make up between 50 and 95 percent of a podcaster's audience. PowerPress comes with the following iTunes specific features.
- iTunes compliant podcast feeds: The appropriate tags are added to your feeds so your iTunes listing looks great.
- Optimized iTunes Summary: Converts your blog post content to a format suited for viewing in iTunes (learn more)
- Upload iTunes Artwork: Upload and change your iTunes artwork directly from within PowerPress settings.
- iTunes podcasting fully supported including the latest Apple iTunes podcasting specifications.
- Feed Episode Maximizer: Increase the number of episodes viewed on iTunes while decreasing the byte size of your feeds.
Integrated Media Players
Blubrry PowerPress includes extensive web player options to display your podcast audio and video in your web pages.
- 7 Audio Players: Pick from 7 audio players including MediaElement.js, 1 Pixel Out Player and HTML5 audio player.
- 4 Video Players: Pick between MediaElement.js, HTML5 video, Flow Player Classic Flash player or VideoJS.
- Position player above or below your post content.
- Place the player exactly where you want by adding the
[powerpress] shortcode tag directly in your post content.
- Add video embeds from sites such as YouTube, Blip.tv and Ustream.tv.
- Provides download, play in new window, and embed links.
- Player formats supported: mp3, m4v, mp4, m4a, webm, ogg, ogv, oga, wma, mov, pdf, swf, avi, mpeg, epub and more.
Integrates with Blubrry's Services
Make your life easier by adding our FREE or paid media hosting and statistics services to streamline your podcast productivity.
- Quickly access your Blubrry media download statistics from your WordPress dashboard.
- Publish Blubrry hosted media directly from your blog.
- View Blubrry hosting usage quota from your blog.
- Configure how Blubrry writes media (ID3) tags within PowerPress settings.
The Blubrry basic statistics service is FREE. Our Premium Statistics Service, which includes RawVoice Certified Statistics, U.S. downloads, trending and exporting, is available for $5 month. Blubrry Media Hosting packages start at $12.
Want more? Check out the advanced features.
- Embeds! Provide embeds your audience can take with them (just like YouTube embeds)
- Media size and duration detection: Enter your media URL and let the PowerPress do the rest.
- Category Casting: Add podcast support to your WordPress category feeds.
- Custom Podcast Channels: Distribute multiple formats (audio/video) and versions (short/full length).
- *Taxonomy Podcasting: Create podcasts for your custom taxonomy tag names including WordPress Tags. (feature sponsored by AfterBuzzTV.com)
- *Post Type Podcasting: Create podcasts for your custom post types.
- FeedBurner Support: Use FeedBurner.com to host your podcast feeds.
- **User Role Management: Control which users in your blog can podcast.
- Diagnostics: Check to see if your server is configured to support all of the available features in PowerPress.
- WordPress MultiSite: Blubrry PowerPress is compatible with WordPress MultiSite.
*Custom Post Types and Taxonomies features require a separate plugin to manage custom post types and/or taxonomies.
**User Role Management requires a separate plugin to manage WordPress Roles and Capabilities.
Migrating from PodPress?
Switching to PowerPress is seamless, just enable PowerPress then disable PodPress and you're done! Switching plugins is that easy! Visit Migrating from PodPress to PowerPress for details.
PowerPress will continue where plugin your old plugin left off by including your previously created episodes in your feeds and web pages.
Note: Advanced settings such as settings for podcast categories will need to be recreated in PowerPress.
. . . or have some ideas that could improve the plugin?
Need More Help?
We now offer one-on-one consulting via Gotomeeting, Skype or phone.
Learn more about Blubrry Consulting Services
PowerPress is developed and maintained by Blubrry, a podcasting company and community providing tools and resources for podcasters to measure, monetize, publish and host podcasts. Although we'd like you to become a member of Blubrry, no membership is required to use this free open source podcasting plugin.