Blubrry PowerPress brings the essential features for podcasting to WordPress. Developed by podcasters for podcasters, PowerPress offers full iTunes support, web audio/video media players and more.
PowerPress 4.0 includes the latest iTunes Specifications!
PowerPress 4.0 includes all of the latest Apple iTunes podcasting specifications. Don't be left behind, upgrade to PowerPress 4.0 today!
Currently Using PodPress?
Switching to PowerPress is seamless, just enable PowerPress then disable PodPress and you're done! Switching plugins is that easy! Visit Migrating from PodPress to PowerPress for details.
PowerPress Key Features
- HTML5 video support: Add both mp4 and webm media to each episode for maximum platform compatibility
- Full iTunes Support: Adds iTunes compliant podcast feeds to your WordPress blog.
- Integrated HTML5 and Flash Media Players: Audio/video web players with embed support from sites such as YouTube and Ustream.tv.
- Media Modifiers: Easily add, modify and remove podcasts form blog posts and pages.
- Migration tools: Quickly migrate from PodPress, Blogger or Movable Type without losing episodes.
- Multi-podcast support: Create separate podcasts by category (category casting) or by media format (Podcast Channels).
- Supported Media Formats: mp3, m4a, mp4, m4v, webm, ogg, oga, ogv, wma, ra, mp4a, m4v, mp4v, mpg, asf, avi, wmv, flv, swf, mov, divx, 3gp, midi, wav, aa, pdf, torrent, m4b, m4r, epub.
- *Media Statistics: Get FREE Blubrry Media Statistics from your WordPress dashboard.
- Languages supported: English, Danish, French, Simplified Chinese, Italian (Want to translate PowerPress?)
*The Blubrry basic statistics service is FREE. Our Premium Statistics Service, which includes U.S. downloads, trending and exporting, is available for $5 month.
Full iTunes Support
iTunes can make up between 50 and 95 percent of a podcaster's audience. PowerPress comes with the following iTunes specific features.
- iTunes compliant podcast feeds: The appropriate tags are added to your feeds so your iTunes listing looks great.
- Optimized iTunes Summary: Converts your blog post content to a format suited for viewing in iTunes (learn more)
- Upload iTunes Artwork: Upload and change your iTunes artwork directly from within PowerPress settings.
- iTunes podcasting specifications fully supported.
Integrated Media Players
Blubrry PowerPress includes extensive web player options to display your podcast audio and video in your web pages.
- 6 Audio Players: Pick from 6 audio players including the popular 1 Pixel Out Player and HTML5 audio player.
- 3 Video Players: Pick between HTML5 video, Flow Player Classic Flash player or VideoJS.
- Position player above or below your post content or use the
[powerpress] shortcode and position the player where you want.
- Place the player exactly where you want by adding the [powerpress] shortcode tag directly in your post content.
- Add video embeds from sites such as YouTube, Viddler, Blip.tv and Ustream.tv.
- Provides download, play in new window and embed links.
- Formats supported: mp3, m4v, mp4, m4a, webm, ogg, ogv, oga, wma, mov, pdf, swf, avi, mpeg, epub and more.
Integrates with Blubrry's Services
Make your life easier by adding our FREE or paid services to streamline your podcast productivity.
- Quickly access your Blubrry media download statistics from your WordPress dashboard.
- Publish Blubrry hosted media directly from your blog.
- View Blubrry hosting usage quota from your blog.
- Configure how Blubrry writes media (ID3) tags within PowerPress settings.
The Blubrry basic statistics service is FREE. Our Premium Statistics Service, which includes U.S. downloads, trending and exporting, is available for $5 month. Blubrry Media Hosting packages start at $12.
Want more? Check out the advanced features.
- Embeds! Provide embeds your audience can take with them (just like YouTube embeds)
- Media size and duration detection: Enter your media URL and let the PowerPress do the rest.
- Category Casting: Add podcast support to your WordPress category feeds.
- Custom Podcast Channels: Distribute multiple formats (audio/video) and versions (short/full length).
- Tag/Keyword Podcast Feeds (Tag Casting): Add iTunes compliant attributes to your tag feeds.
- FeedBurner Support: Use FeedBurner.com to host your podcast feeds.
- *User Role Management: Control which users in your blog can podcast.
- **Custom Post Types: Use the new Custom Post Types feature found in WordPress 3.0
- Diagnostics: Check to see if your server is configured to support all of the available features in PowerPress.
- WordPress MultiSite: Blubrry PowerPress is compatible with WordPress MultiSite (Previously WordPress MU)
*User Role Management requires a separate plugin to manage WordPress Roles and Capabilities.
**Custom Post Types feature requires a separate plugin to manage custom post types.
Migrating from PodPress or "Podcasting Plugin by TSG"?
We made it easy to switch to PowerPress.
- Install and enable PowerPress
- Disable previous podcasting plugin
PowerPress will continue where plugin your old plugin left off by including your previously created episodes in your feeds and web pages.
Please visit Migrating from PodPress to PowerPress for specific details.
. . . or have some ideas that could improve the plugin?
PowerPress is developed and maintained by Blubrry, a podcasting company and community providing tools and resources for podcasters to measure, monetize, publish and host podcasts. Although we'd like you to become a member of Blubrry, no membership is required to use this free open source podcasting plugin.