This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the 'postmaster' directory to the '/wp-content/plugins/' directory of your WordPress installation. If you are upgrading, just replace all of the files with the ones from the downloaded zip archive.
Keep in mind that we will be moving the wp-mail.php file (that is part of the PostMaster Distro) to the root directory of your WordPress installation in the following steps.
- Make a copy of your original wp-mail.php and call it wp-mail.php.bak. This file is found in the root directory of your WordPress installation.
- Upload/move the wp-mail.php that is included with the distribution to the root directory of your WordPress installation.
- Run the
pm_upgrade.php script. Do this even if it's a fresh install! You can just run it through a URL like: http://host/wp-content/plugins/postmaster/pm_upgrade.php
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Create a cron job to run the wp-mail.php script (e.g. wget -N http://yourdomain.com/wp-mail.php). This is necessary in order to make
WordPress check it's email account periodically. For more info on this see this page WordPress Blog by Email.
- Start sending emails with attachments to your blog-by-email account.