NOTICE: Please reconfigure PostTeaser if you have just upgraded from PostTeaser versions prior to 4.1.x. There are new options under the new section "Disable tease" and "Show fullpost" that is not set by default after an upgrade. The side effect is PostTeaser will seem like it has stop working if none of these new options are set. New install will have the default options set, so is not affected.
Post Teaser generates a preview or "teaser" of a post for the main, archive and category pages, with a link underneath to go to the full post page. It includes features to generate a word count, image count, and an estimated reading time.
Reasons you might want to use Post Teaser:
- You keep putting
<!--more--> into your posts
- You would like to save bandwidth by only having people view a full post if they actually want to read it
- You just like the "teaser" format
What's new in this release:
- Fix Post Teaser ignoring Custom Field directive (disable or showall)
- Added "Advance tease control" feature that allows category or tag to turn off Post Teaser
- Added option to disable tease or force fullpost on the homepage
- Added option to move post statistic block from the bottom of the post to above the post text
- Fix incompatibilities with "Search Unleashed" plugin The fix is tested in my test env, please report if issue is not resolved
- Cleanup UI in Settings page
- Misc bug fixes
- Current translation files will not have translation for new options introduced in this release. Apologies to Non-English users of PostTeaser. This problem will exist and will break the translation files further in up coming release due to heavy remodeling the PostTeaser admin page. For translators, please help fix the language files.
**** NOTE: Use contact form for support request.
- nl_BE, nl_NL: