MOST EPIC WORDPRESS SECURITY PLUGIN
OSE Firewall™ Security - A WordPress Security Plugin powered by ProWeb. It protects your WordPress Website from attacks and hacking. The built-in Malware and Security Scanner helps you identify any security risks, malicious codes, spam, virus, SQL injection attack, and security vulnerabilities. By using OSE Firewall™ Security, you don't need any other antivirus product!
Aim to build Better WordPress Security - the more secure wordpress environment
The plugin is part of the Better WordPress Security™ Project. Better WordPress Security™ is a project that aims to create a safer WordPress environment for every WordPress users by guiding them to avoid infected plugins and themes. OSE Firewall™ is the first plugin of the project, that tries to help all WordPress users to enhance the security of their website.
If you would like to know more about website security tips, e.g. installing web application firewall or a dedicated firewall in your server, please visit our blog to read articles about website security here.. We will regularly write up security articles so you can enhance your website security. If you would like to promote a better and more secure WordPress environment, please feel free to Like us in Facebook here or follow our twitter to ask any questions about website security. Our security analysts and security consultants will try to answer your questions as soon as possible.
If you need help in using OSE Firewall Security plugin, save time by starting your support request online and we'll connect you to a security analyst or even the senior security consultant. Click here to get started.
New Security Features in OSE Firewall v2.0
- Manage IPs in Firewall Setting - blacklisting, whitelisting, and monitoring IPs in the Firewall IP Management Section
- Manage Security Rulesets - you can change the security rule sets to that best fits for your website's requirements in the Firewall Security Ruleset Section, which increase the performance of antivirus and antihacking.
- Email Security Threats - choose different types of security threats alert emails to receive when there's an attack
- Variables Whitelisting functions - you can whitelist some variables in the variable whitelisting configuration page in the firewall in order to avoid false security alerts.
Enhanced Security Features: Provides an industry level firewall to block common security threats
- AntiSpam - Utilizing Blacklisting IPs in Stop Forum Spam
- AntiVirus - prevent, detect and remove malware from the website, keep website secure.
- Blacklisted IP Handling methods - Trace, Delete, Track
- Security Check: Malicious User Agent blocks hundreds of the worst bots while ensuring open-access for normal traffic
- Security Check: Detect Directory Traversal that consists in exploiting insufficient security validation / sanitization of user-supplied input file names.
- Malware Check: Virus Scanning that scans for malware and variants that are known security threats, and scans for heuristics of backdoors, trojans, suspicious code and other security issues, which is the first stgae of antivirus.
- Security Prevention: DoS Attacks where automated bots constituting flooding attacks to your website.
- Security Check: Direct File Inclusion for any traffic including automated bots that constitutes security threats of including files on a server through the web browser.
- Security Check: Remote File Inclusion for any traffic including automated bots that constitutes security threats of exploiting "dynamic file include" mechanisms in web applications.
- Security Check: Database SQL Injection for any traffic traffic including automated bots that constitutes security threats of attacking data driven applications, in which malicious SQL statements are inserted into an entry field for execution.
- Report security threats to defined owner or security analysts
The plugin currently supports English and Germany language.
You can contribute by translating OSE Firewall Security here.
- PHP 5.1.0 or above
- MySQL 5.0 or above
- WordPress 3.5 or above
- PHP Data Objects enabled (it is activated by default as of PHP 5.1.0, please contact your hosting to enable it if it is disabled. Reference