Orbisius Child Theme Creator
This plugin allows you to quickly create child themes from any theme that you have currently installed on your site/blog.
- Added Plugin's links to the admin nav bar.
- Added site preview button in the theme editor
- Added settings link in the Plugin listing.
- Added an option if the email couldn't be sent to offer the download links.
- Unsuccessful zip creation was showing as Sent.
- Minor tweaks after v1.1.3
- Updated CSS to add some top-margin above the update/save changed buttons
- Added php syntax check
- Added Send button so you can email the selected theme and parent theme (if any) to yourself or a colleague.
- Implemented theme files to be listed recursively (i.e. all files from the selected theme)
- Fixed JS error on Settings page.
- Added uninstall.php file to clean after itself
- Added a check and the notice that shows up on the plugins page won't show up after 24h
- Added Edit Themes link to the Plugin's -> Action links
- Improved and better organized the plugin's settings page
- Reduced the height of the editors (to 22 rows) so the save/delete buttons are visible
- Restricted the width of the dropdowns in the theme editor so they don't push the editor and the buttons down.
- Tweaked the position of the New File button and the new form that appears.
- Tested with WP 3.8
- Fix: The version 1.1.0 wasn't released properly.
- Added a new feature to Customize title, description etc of the new child theme
- Fixed: JS errors are cause errors with other plugins
- Loads plugin's JS/CSS files only on child theme creator pages (admin area)
- Tested with WP 3.7.1
- Added New File and Delete operations for Theme Editor #1 (left)
- Respects the DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT constant, which if set to true will disable the Theme editor
- Added a quick fix to use file modification time for the css and js assets.
- Added: Theme Editor
- New File, checks for existing file are made on typing.
- Tested with WP 3.7
- Loading current theme in the left editor if there is no theme selected yet.
- Reduced the font size of the links in the top right corner of Child Theme Creator and Theme Editor
- Separated Parent themes from Child ones
- Hid the advanced section. Was confusing and scaring people. If you really want to copy functions pass &orb_show_copy_functions parameter to the Child Plugin page.
- Tested under WordPress Multisite environment
- Added menus in WordPress Multisite environment
- Added an option for network wide theme activation (which is mutually exclusive with make theme active).
- Added double editor for easy theme editing.
- Added Orbisius: Edit to the theme list
- Show a notice in the plugins area to let the user know how to work with the plugin. On multisite the message is shown only on the network site.
- Aded minimized versions for main css and js
- Tested with wp 3.6.1
- Added a link in the Appearance
- Added header.php to the copied file list
- Added a checkbox in case the user wants to switch to the newly created theme
- Added a checkbox in case the user wants to copy the functions.php from the parent theme
- Removed parent theme's license from the copied list
- Removed the Create Child Theme From themes that are child themes already
- Skipping hidden files (files starting with a dot)
- Copying admin/ from the parent theme if it exists
- Added some security checks if the user actually has permission to install themes
- Fixed some notices
- Tested with wp 3.6
- Added settings page in case users want to check it.
- Added a few notices about http://qsandbox.com
- Added links to video demo
Requires: 3.4 or higher
Compatible up to: 3.9
Last Updated: 2014-4-17
4.6 out of 5 stars
2 of 2 support threads in the last two months have been resolved.
Got something to say? Need help?