The oik base plugin provides a series of advanced WordPress shortcodes that help you display dynamic content from your website's pages, posts, attachments, links and custom post types.
The OIK Information Kit uses lazy smart shortcode technology to display your WordPress website's content including your often included key-information.
The functionality in the oik base plugin is used by over 40 other WordPress plugins, providing powerful facilities for an efficient, performant website.
At a glance changes in version 2.1
- Added: [bw_cycle] shortcode to display attachments or other content using jQuery cycle
- Added: [bw_pinterest] - follow me on Pinterest
- Added: [bw_instagram] - follow me on Instagram
- Added: Support for localization (l10n) through internationalization (i18n) of literal text fields
- Changed: [bw_login] shortcode can be used to protect content only visible to logged in users
- Various CSS changes for improved coexistance with themes and theme frameworks
- Many improvements to support oik-fields
- Many API and documentation improvements
At a glance changes in version 2.0
- Eleven (11) new shortcodes
- Improvements to many shortcodes - new parameter options
- Delivery of some common jQuery plugins
- Changes to support other oik plugins
- New and updated APIs, actions and filters
- Fully documented using oik's dynamic API documentation
oik now provides 80 shortcodes including:
- [bw_pages], [bw_posts], [bw_thumbs], [bw_attachments], [bw_images], [bw_pdf] shortcodes to list subpages, posts, attachments or custom post types
- [bw_cycle] to display content using jQuery cycle.
- [bw_list], [bw_tree] to display lists of links to pages, posts, attachments or custom post types
- [bw_table] to tabulate pages, posts or custom post types
- [bw_bookmarks] to list links
- [paypal] shortcodes for PayPal buttons: Pay Now, Buy Now, Donate, Add to Cart, View Cart/Checkout
- [bw_block] & [bw_eblock], [div] & [ediv], [clear] - to create block structures within your pages, posts and even widgets
- [bw_button], [bw_contact_button] - to provide call-to-action button style links for Artisteer themes
- helper shortcodes for web designers and developers: [bw_editcss], [bwtrace], [bw_wpadmin], [bw_wtf], [stag] & [etag]
oik helps you to display information about you, your company, your social networking ids and your website using standard formats that search engines such as Google recognise.
- You enter your information once, then use oik shortcodes to display it wherever you want; in titles, post and page content, header, sidebar and footer widgets.
- Whenever you need to change a value you only need to update it in one place; and your website is updated instantly.
- Shortcodes to display often included key information include: [bw_contact], [bw_telephone], [bw_mobile], [bw_mailto], [bw_company], [bw_address], [bw_show_googlemap], [bw_directions], [bw_logo], [bw_qrcode], [bw_copyright]
- For your social networking use the [bw_follow_me] shortcode to display your links to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, etcetera
- oik provides buttons to help you write the shortcodes, showing you the parameters you can choose and default values
- oik provides a shortcode discovery page where you can find out about every shortcode which is active in your site
- lazy programming means that code is only loaded when it's actually needed
- smart means that the shortcodes can recognise the content in which they're used and adjust their behaviour accordingly
- oik is extendable - plugin developers can build on the oik base functionality
- using the oik API: help, syntax information, examples AND HTML snippets can be produced for any plugin or theme that provides shortcodes
- oik is theme independent; meaning that you can change your theme without having to worry about whether or not the shortcodes will still work.
- oik uses microformats so that Google and other search engines can understand your content.