The oik base plugin provides a series of advanced WordPress shortcodes that help you display dynamic content from your website's pages, posts, attachments, links and custom post types.
At a glance changes in version 2.0
- Eleven (11) new shortcodes
- Improvements to many shortcodes - new parameter options
- Delivery of some common jQuery plugins
- Changes to support other oik plugins
- New and updated APIs, actions and filters
- Fully documented using oik's dynamic API documentation
oik now provides 80 shortcodes including:
- [bw_pages], [bw_posts], [bw_thumbs], [bw_attachments], [bw_images], [bw_pdf] shortcodes to list subpages, posts, attachments or custom post types
- [bw_list], [bw_tree] to display lists of links to pages, posts, attachments or custom post types
- [bw_table] to tabulate pages, posts or custom post types
- [bw_bookmarks] to list links
- [paypal] shortcodes for PayPal buttons: Pay Now, Buy Now, Donate, Add to Cart, View Cart/Checkout
- [bw_block] & [bw_eblock], [div] & [ediv], [clear] - to create block structures within your pages, posts and even widgets
- [bw_button], [bw_contact_button] - to provide call-to-action button style links for Artisteer themes
- helper shortcodes for web designers and developers: [bw_editcss], [bwtrace], [bw_wpadmin], [bw_wtf], [stag] & [etag]
oik helps you to display information about you, your company, your social networking ids and your website using standard formats that search engines such as Google recognise.
- You enter your information once, then use oik shortcodes to display it wherever you want; in titles, post and page content, header, sidebar and footer widgets.
- Whenever you need to change a value you only need to update it in one place; and your website is updated instantly.
- Shortcodes to display often included key information include: [bw_contact], [bw_telephone], [bw_mobile], [bw_mailto], [bw_company], [bw_address], [bw_show_googlemap], [bw_directions], [bw_logo], [bw_qrcode], [bw_copyright]
- For your social networking use the [bw_follow_me] shortcode to display your links to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, etcetera
- oik provides buttons to help you write the shortcodes, showing you the parameters you can choose and default values
- oik provides a shortcode discovery page where you can find out about every shortcode which is active in your site
- lazy programming means that code is only loaded when it's actually needed
- smart means that the shortcodes can recognise the content in which they're used and adjust their behaviour accordingly
- oik is extendable - plugin developers can build on the oik base functionality
- using the oik API: help, syntax information, examples AND HTML snippets can be produced for any plugin or theme that provides shortcodes
- oik is theme independent; meaning that you can change your theme without having to worry about whether or not the shortcodes will still work.
- oik uses microformats so that Google and other search engines can understand your content.