My Optional Modules (or MOM) is a bundle of optional modules for WordPress which give extra functionality not currently available in a fresh installation.
They are designed to be lightweight and easilly implemented by even the most novice of WordPress users.
No Unnecessary Load
MOM only loads what you want it to load - so no matter how many modules come packaged, the only ones that get loaded are the ones that you ask for.
Standing on the shoulders of geniuses
- Exclude: hide tags, categories, and post formats from areas of the site (rss, front page, archives, search) with ability to also hide based on user level and whether or not the viewer is logged in. Hide tags and categories based on what day of the week it is. Custom 404 redirects for viewers who are logged in and viewers who are not. Ability to hide the dashboard for everyone but admin. Template function to display all categories except those that are hidden, which is also based on whether or not the user is logged in. Ability to apply no follow, no index to hidden categories and all links in posts inside of those categories.
- Count++, a module to count words on the blog and countdown from an (optional) total count goal.
- Jump Around, a module that allows users to navigate posts by pressing keys on the keyboard.
- Maintenance, a module that allows you to specify a URL to redirect to for all non-logged in users while Maintenance Mode is active.
- Post as Front, a module that allows you to select a specific post to be your home page, or make your home page your most recent post.
- Passwords, a module for storing 7 unique (SHA512 salted) passwords, and then hiding content with a shortcode (and IP based lockout) that is unlockable using the current days password.
- Reviews allows you to create custom reviews on anything you want, and display them on a post or a page.
- Shortcodes!, a module that adds useful shortcodes for posts and pages.
- Theme Takeover: Youtube 404; navbar that disables the WordPress Admin Bar and gives you a bar similar to RES (with limited functionality)
- Post Voting: Add a vote box to each post via template function. (display top posts with a shortcode).
Regular Board has been branched to its own plugin (and completely re-worked).
It will no longer be maintained on this plugin.
- Analaytics automatic embedding.
- Automatically enable all images in posts and pages to use Lazy Load.
- Hide WP Version from enqueued scripts and stylesheets.
- Disable author archives (if only 1 author)
- Disable all date/time based archives
- Move JS to footer
- Attach linkbacks to all RSS feed items
- Auto-generate meta tags (open-graph and otherwise).
- noarchive/nofollow on 404/search pages/archives.
- Disables Jetpack open graph.