This WordPress plugin add a sidebar menu widget with jquery effects. An easy menu layout editor helps to create a
menu in admin. Note that in case you want to add subitems then you need to add them as html in a popup.
- Highly Customizable
- Use pages as menu item
- Create up to 4 menus
- Use Images or text or both as menu items
- Put text beside image or over it or as a pop up
- Change menu font size, colors, menu image size etc
- Easy visual Menu Layout editor
- Jquery Effects
- CSS style
- Optional Grid style layout
- Image changes to another image when hover over with mouse
- Image changes to another image automatically
- Image fades when hover
- Background color effect
- Put text in popup
- Put text over image
See Live Example Page
- Install the plugin
- For each menu item a page need to be created. Click "Add new page" and upload a image or 2 images for image swap effects.
- Add title for the page which will be the menu item title
- In "custom fields", in the "name" field write "link1" (for widget 1) and then under "value" add a URL with the
format http://.. alternatively add 0 (zero) for no link at all or 1 to link to the page you just created. When you have added this field and published the page the menu will now recognize this page as a menu item and be visible in the Menu Widget 1 section. For widget 2 use "link2" and for widget 3 use "link3" etc.
- publish the page. You have now added a menu item. Repeat step 2-4 for each menu item.
- Under "Menu Widget 1" in plugin admin you can set a variety of options such as image width, where to display text
- Add the sidebar menu widget 1 to your preferred sidebar
- To add html content such as sublinks you need to add an extra custom field in the page edit mode with the name "text"
and then in the value field any html you wish to use. Note that sublinks are ordinary anhor links.
- Set the order the item will be displayed under "order"in the page edit mode, a higher number means lower down.
- You might want to upload pictures that is of the same width as your sidebar to avoid compressing effects
- Set the width under image options to match the sidebar width of your theme in case you want the image to cover the
full width of your sidebar.
- You can optionally set the width of the admin menu example under main options, this should be similar to your sidebar width