Login Dongle protects your login by means of a security question
(AKA challenge/response) as an extra security layer.
How it works
- Go to your standard login page, fill in the form as usual, and click the bookmarklet.
- A prompt asks the challenge. Fill in the response, and accept.
Why it works
- Under the hood, the bookmarklet submits login data, together with the challenge and response.
- If both challenge and response validate on the server, the login process goes on as usual, otherwise it dies.
- The login page stays exactly the same as usual, so attackers won't know how to guess challenge and response.
- Only you know the response to the challenge, so nobody but you will be able to use the bookmarlet.
- People using your PC won't be able to login even if your browser fills in the login form with your password.
Login Dongle is compatible with any other login plugin.
For more info, please refer to the FAQ
and the user's instructions you'll find on the settings page after activating the plugin.
- English (Andrea Ercolino)
- Spanish (Andrea Ercolino)
- Turkish (Hakan Er)