- Bugfix release, fixes current category for post/page
- Improves 'current category' detection.
- Adds categorypage parameter to widget
- excerpt - Fixed default excerpt behaviour from previous release. By default it will strip html tags as it always did. If you want it not to strip tags, you'll have to use
excerpt_strip=no. Added a new parameter to have a consistent excerpt. If you want to overwrite WordPress' excerpt when using the plugin and generate one the way the plugin does when there's no excerpt, use
- Adds ability to exclude tags.
- Changes excerpt. Since lot of users have asked for it, I once again modified the way the excerpt is shown. It now respects your theme's allowed HTML tags and doesn't strip them from the excerpt. If you want to strip tags, use
- Adds turkish translation, thanks Hakan Er for writing this translation! :)
- Adds "AND" relationship to several categories. Thanks to hvianna from the WordPress forums who implemented this feature :D
- More improvements on readme.
- Improvements on readme, faqs.
- New posts_morelink param: adds a 'read more' link to each post.
- Sets minimum version to WordPress 3.3, since wp_trim_words was introduced in that version. Adds workaround for people using WordPress < 3.3.
- Adds Slovak translation by Branco from WebHostingGeeks.com.
- Removes Debug PHP warnings.
- Checkboxes on Widget save state, i18n for widget.
- Adds excerpt size to widget.
- Fixes to widget.
- Adds year and month parameters to list posts from a certain year and/or month.
- Adds search parameter to display posts that match a search term.
- Adds i18n, German and Spanish translations. All credit to cfoellmann for implementing this and writing the German translation. Thanks! :)
- Changed excerpt limit, it uses word count, and is working for WordPress' excerpt and auto generated ones.
- Better excerpt
- Applies title filter, should work with qTranslate
- Adds post status parameter
- Adds meta links to plugin page - most importantly: INSTRUCTIONS (please read them).
- Fixes "excerpt doesn't strip shortcodes" - https://github.com/picandocodigo/List-Category-Posts/issues/5
- Exclude currently displayed post - 1, 2
- Add title to category title 1, will be improved.
- Attempting to condition whitespaces to WordPress Coding Standard (emacs php-mode sucks for this...)
- No more git-svn crap, now I'm developing this over at (GitHub)[https://github.com/picandocodigo/List-Category-Posts] and copying it into the WordPress SVN Repo.
This update is dedicated to Michelle K McGinnis who bought me "Diamond Age" by Neal Stephenson from my Amazon Wishlist. Thanks! :D
- Added excerpt size. You can set how many characters you want the excerpt to display with 'excerpt_size'.
- Fixed HTML tag and CSS class for each element (Check Other notes for usage).
- Removed shortcodes from excerpt.
- Fixed bug with the categorypage=yes param.
- Tested with WordPress 3.3.
- Fixed accidentally deleted line which made the catlink=yes param not work.
- Added CSS "current" class hook for current post in the list: .current class attached to either the li or a tag of the currently viewed page in the said list. http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/q/35552/298
- Added morelink parameter, check Other notes for usage.
- Removed var_dump... (Sorry about that)
- Small fixes:
- Used "empty()" function for some Strings instead of evaluating isset() and != ''.
- Include parameters on the get_posts args only when they are set (post_parent among others).
- Added 'thumbnail_class' parameter, so you can set a CSS class to the thumbnail and style it.
- Brought back the multiple categories functionality for the id parameter. Hopefully the last 0.20 bugfix release so I can start working on new stuff to implement.
- Now the name parameter accepts multiple categories too. Just use:
- Yet another bugfix, regarding nothing being displayed when using tags.
- Fixed category detection code, which created some messy bugs in some cases
- Added the possibility to list posts from the current post's category
- Some fixes to documentation
- Small fix, missing parameter for taxonomy.
This update is dedicated to S. Keller from Switzerland who gave me "The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" from my Amazon Wishlit in appreciation for the plugin. I am really enjoying the read :D. If you, like S would like to show your appreciation, here's my wishlist:
- Small excerpt fix, some readme file fixing too.
- Not showing the_content for password protected posts.
- Small fixes. Should work for name parameter in all cases now.
- Added slug and name to the fetching of category id from previous update.
- Fixed category id bug. Reported and fixed by Eric Celeste - http://eric.clst.org, thanks!
- Improved template system a liitle bit, now you can pass an HTML tag and a CSS class to sorround each field on your template.
- Added category link which wasn't working after previous big update.
- Fixed displaying of "Author:" even when not being called.
- Major rewrite. The whole code was rewritten using objects. It's easier now to develop for List Category Posts.
- Both STYLESHEETPATH and TEMPLATEPATH are checked for templates.
- Added custom fields support. Define both custom field (customfield_name) and value (customfield_value) to use it.
- Fixed "Show the title of the category with a link to the category" code (catlink param), it broke on some previous update, but now it's working again. Thanks Soccerwidow on the WP Forums for pointing this out.
- Added "post_type" and "post_parent" from the underlining "get_posts()" API to be usable within the short-code. By Martin Crawford, thanks!
- Added the "class" parameter to style the default ul. You can pass a class name, or the plugin will use "lcp_catlist" bby default. Thanks Chocolaterebel (http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-list-category-posts-sharing-my-own-template-in-lcp).
- Fixed "tags" parameter on the documentation, it used to say "tag", and the plugin looks for "tags".
- Fixed thumbnail code, added it to default.php template as example.
- Added comments count.
- Updated readme file
- Another minimal bug fixed with the excerpt...
- Fixed small bug which made the excerpt show up everytime... (Sorry :S)
- Automatic excerpt added in case the user didn't specifically write an excerpt.
- Widget has been finally fixed. The attributes finally save themselves, and the widget works as expected :D
- Small fix -
added ul tags to default template.
- Compatible WordPress 3.0 with Twenty Ten theme (thanks again Doug Joseph :) )
- admin parameter now shows "display name" instead of "user nice name".
- Template system has changed: In older version, custom templates got deleted if an automatic upgrade was done. Now templates are stored in the theme folder. (Thanks Paul Clark)
- Added tag support
- Fixed bug for 'content'.
- There's new stuff on the widget options. I'm still working on it, so some bugs may appear.
- Widget implements WP 2.8 Widget API, so at least 2.8 is required. Now you can use as many widgets as necessary, with new params.
- Updated readme file.
- Fixed link to category.
- Improved template system.
- Fixed uber stupid bug with offset... Sorry about that!
- Exclude posts. Contribution by acub.
- Offset parameter on shortcode to start listing posts with an offset. Contribution by Levi Vasquez
- Content of the post can now be displayed. Contribution by Lang Zerner.
- Link to the category available. By request on the plugin's forum.
- Fixed small bug when using category name.
- Minor fix for unclosed ul if not using templates.
- Added option to list posts from many categories at once.
- Added option to exclude categories.
- Readme.txt validation.
- Added 'excerpt' parameter. You can now show the excerpt for each post.
- Added 'dateformat' parameter. Format of the date output. Default is get_option('date_format') - by Verex
- Added 'template' parameter. Now you can choose template for output of the plugin. File name of template from templates directory without extension. Example: For 'template.php' value is only 'template'. Default is 'default' that means template in code of plugin not in template file -by Verex
- Fixed some code to enable PHP 4 compatibility. Shouldn't hosting services update to PHP 5?
- Added 'date' parameter. Now you can show the post's date when listed.
- Added 'author' parameter. You can also show the post's author.
- Sidebar Widget now allows you to add a title in h2 tags.
- Changed some variable names, to keep better compatibility with other plugins/wordpress variables.
- Tested with WordPress 2.7.
- Broke backwards compatibility. Users of version 0.1 should update their pages and posts for the new shortcode formatting.
- Option to pass arguments to the plugin, in order to use name of category instead of ID, orderby, order and number of posts are passed through parameters.
- Added experimental sidebar widget (use at your own risk, not ready for prime-time yet since it hasn't been tested :P )
- Fixed major bug, which gave 404 error when trying to use "Options" page.
- Option page to limit number of posts.
- Working using [category=ID] for posts and pages, with several categories support.