- Makes sure "starting_with" queries are case insesitive.
- Fixes category link on 'catlink' and 'catname' parameters (were showing twice)
author_posts_link, to show an author's page.
- Adds catname parameter to show just the category name (and not the link). Thanks user sirenAri from the forum.
- Small bug fix for getting current category. Used to check against simple string, now checking against i18n'ed one.
- Bug fixes
- Adds parameter to show modified date of posts. Thanks Eric Sandine for the Pull Request :)
- Adds Ukranian translation by Michael Yunat http://getvoip.com
display_id parameter. Set it to yes to show the Post's ID next to the post title.
starting_with parameter. Gets posts whose title start with a given letter.
- Finally (hopefully) fix the excerpt issues.
- Fix something that I broke on previous update for excerpt :S
- Some fixes on displaying excerpt.
- Fixes quotes bug on title tag.
- Only show ellipsis when title.size > title_limit when using the
- Adds "the_excerpt" filter to excerpt to improve compatibility with
the Jetpack plugin.
- Add character limit to title
- Removes debug warnings
- Output valid HTML, attribute quotations - thanks Nikolaus Demmel!
- Adds ol default template to
- Improves documentation.
- Removes warning when using current tag in pages
- Small fix on Readme
- Adds the feature to get an author's posts
- Adds show posts from current post's tags.
- Show "no posts text" only if it's been set and there are no posts,
otherwise behave like before.
- Removes filters to order by (should fix issues with order)
pagination_next params to customize
the "Previous" and "Next" buttons on pagination navigation.
- Only show pages in pagination when they are > 1
no_posts_text param to display a custom message when no
posts are found
- Fixes "morelink" class parameter (now can be used without
specifying an HTML tag and the class is applied to the a tag).
- Adds missing title attribute from thumbnail links.
- Fixes pagination numbers
- Removes warning on wp-debug set to true
- Fixes some debug warnings (Ruby's nil doesn't apply in the PHP World)
- Fixes excludeposts=this.
- Adds customfield_tag and customfield_class to customize an HTML tag
and CSS class for custom fields.
- Small bugfix with customfield_display_name (wasn't working now it
- Fixes customfield display name.
- Fixes size in getting thumbnails, now checks for all available
sizes and defaults ("thumbnail", "full", etc.)
- Adds options page, to set the default numberposts value globally.
- Adds pagination to custom template.
- Fixes date display.
- Adds conditions to Vagrantfile to boot faster and not repeat work.
- Fixes exclude posts, broken when migrating from get_posts to
- Small fix closing quotes on content when using
- Tested with WordPress 3.8
- Removes unnecessary stuff on wp_enqueue_styles
- Fixes validation when using quotes in title
- Fixes on tag
- Fixes on title HTML tag and CSS class. (See HTML & CSS
Customization on Other Notes to check the expected behaviour)
- Adds "post suffix" parameter, to add a String after each post
- Adds pagination. Check Pagination on Other
to learn how to use it.
- Adds "How to display thumbnails next to title" to the FAQ.
- Adds a Vagrant box for developers to be able to start coding with
no effort :)
more tag. If there's a <!--more--> tag in the post, then it will behave just as WordPress does: only show the content previous to the more tag.
- Fixes YouTube thumbnails: Includes "embed" urls for youtube video
thumbnails, makes correct img tag when using CSS class.
- Fixed category_count for several categories.
- Fixed catlink to display titles for all the categories when using more than one category.
- Adds option for "target=_blank" for post links.
- Adds option to exclude category when using the and relationship:
[catlist id=1+2-3] will include posts from categories 1 and 2 but not 3.
- Updated Turkish translation, thanks again Hakan Er!
- Adds feature to order by custom field using the
- Bugfix (removed var_dump)
- Now accepts either class or tag or both for styling elements (such as date, author, etc. to display). When just using a tag, it will sorround the element with that tag. When using just a class, it will wrap the element between span tags and the given CSS class. Check Other notes under HTML & CSS Customization for more info.
- Fixed bug on
post_status, it used to show all published posts and if user was logged in, all private ones too. Now you can specify 'private' to just display private posts, and draft, publish, draft, etc (See post_status param on the instructions for more info).
- Pull request from @cfoellmann, adds testing environment and Travis CI integration. Awesomeness.
- When searching for a thumbnail, if there's no thumbnail on the post but there's a YouTube video, display the YouTube video thumbnail. (wordpress.org/support/topic/youtube-thumbnail)
- Bugfix release, fixes current category for post/page
- Improves 'current category' detection.
- Adds categorypage parameter to widget
- excerpt - Fixed default excerpt behaviour from previous release. By default it will strip html tags as it always did. If you want it not to strip tags, you'll have to use
excerpt_strip=no. Added a new parameter to have a consistent excerpt. If you want to overwrite WordPress' excerpt when using the plugin and generate one the way the plugin does when there's no excerpt, use
- Adds ability to exclude tags.
- Changes excerpt. Since lot of users have asked for it, I once again modified the way the excerpt is shown. It now respects your theme's allowed HTML tags and doesn't strip them from the excerpt. If you want to strip tags, use
- Adds turkish translation, thanks Hakan Er for writing this translation! :)
- Adds "AND" relationship to several categories. Thanks to hvianna from the WordPress forums who implemented this feature :D
- More improvements on readme.
- Improvements on readme, faqs.
- New posts_morelink param: adds a 'read more' link to each post.
- Sets minimum version to WordPress 3.3, since wp_trim_words was introduced in that version. Adds workaround for people using WordPress < 3.3.
- Adds Slovak translation by Branco from WebHostingGeeks.com.
- Removes Debug PHP warnings.
- Checkboxes on Widget save state, i18n for widget.
- Adds excerpt size to widget.
- Fixes to widget.
- Adds year and month parameters to list posts from a certain year and/or month.
- Adds search parameter to display posts that match a search term.
- Adds i18n, German and Spanish translations. All credit to cfoellmann for implementing this and writing the German translation. Thanks! :)
- Changed excerpt limit, it uses word count, and is working for WordPress' excerpt and auto generated ones.
- Better excerpt
- Applies title filter, should work with qTranslate
- Adds post status parameter
- Adds meta links to plugin page - most importantly: INSTRUCTIONS (please read them).
- Fixes "excerpt doesn't strip shortcodes" - https://github.com/picandocodigo/List-Category-Posts/issues/5
- Exclude currently displayed post - 1, 2
- Add title to category title 1, will be improved.
- Attempting to condition whitespaces to WordPress Coding Standard (emacs php-mode sucks for this...)
- No more git-svn crap, now I'm developing this over at (GitHub)[https://github.com/picandocodigo/List-Category-Posts] and copying it into the WordPress SVN Repo.
This update is dedicated to Michelle K McGinnis who bought me "Diamond Age" by Neal Stephenson from my Amazon Wishlist. Thanks! :D
- Added excerpt size. You can set how many characters you want the excerpt to display with 'excerpt_size'.
- Fixed HTML tag and CSS class for each element (Check Other notes for usage).
- Removed shortcodes from excerpt.
- Fixed bug with the categorypage=yes param.
- Tested with WordPress 3.3.
- Fixed accidentally deleted line which made the catlink=yes param not work.
- Added CSS "current" class hook for current post in the list: .current class attached to either the li or a tag of the currently viewed page in the said list. http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/q/35552/298
- Added morelink parameter, check Other notes for usage.
- Removed var_dump... (Sorry about that)
- Small fixes:
- Used "empty()" function for some Strings instead of evaluating isset() and != ''.
- Include parameters on the get_posts args only when they are set (post_parent among others).
- Added 'thumbnail_class' parameter, so you can set a CSS class to the thumbnail and style it.
- Brought back the multiple categories functionality for the id parameter. Hopefully the last 0.20 bugfix release so I can start working on new stuff to implement.
- Now the name parameter accepts multiple categories too. Just use:
- Yet another bugfix, regarding nothing being displayed when using tags.
- Fixed category detection code, which created some messy bugs in some cases
- Added the possibility to list posts from the current post's category
- Some fixes to documentation
- Small fix, missing parameter for taxonomy.
This update is dedicated to S. Keller from Switzerland who gave me "The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" from my Amazon Wishlit in appreciation for the plugin. I am really enjoying the read :D. If you, like S would like to show your appreciation, here's my wishlist:
- Small excerpt fix, some readme file fixing too.
- Not showing the_content for password protected posts.
- Small fixes. Should work for name parameter in all cases now.
- Added slug and name to the fetching of category id from previous update.
- Fixed category id bug. Reported and fixed by Eric Celeste - http://eric.clst.org, thanks!
- Improved template system a liitle bit, now you can pass an HTML tag and a CSS class to sorround each field on your template.
- Added category link which wasn't working after previous big update.
- Fixed displaying of "Author:" even when not being called.
- Major rewrite. The whole code was rewritten using objects. It's easier now to develop for List Category Posts.
- Both STYLESHEETPATH and TEMPLATEPATH are checked for templates.
- Added custom fields support. Define both custom field (customfield_name) and value (customfield_value) to use it.
- Fixed "Show the title of the category with a link to the category" code (catlink param), it broke on some previous update, but now it's working again. Thanks Soccerwidow on the WP Forums for pointing this out.
- Added "post_type" and "post_parent" from the underlining "get_posts()" API to be usable within the short-code. By Martin Crawford, thanks!
- Added the "class" parameter to style the default ul. You can pass a class name, or the plugin will use "lcp_catlist" bby default. Thanks Chocolaterebel (http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-list-category-posts-sharing-my-own-template-in-lcp).
- Fixed "tags" parameter on the documentation, it used to say "tag", and the plugin looks for "tags".
- Fixed thumbnail code, added it to default.php template as example.
- Added comments count.
- Updated readme file
- Another minimal bug fixed with the excerpt...
- Fixed small bug which made the excerpt show up everytime... (Sorry :S)
- Automatic excerpt added in case the user didn't specifically write an excerpt.
- Widget has been finally fixed. The attributes finally save themselves, and the widget works as expected :D
- Small fix -
added ul tags to default template.
- Compatible WordPress 3.0 with Twenty Ten theme (thanks again Doug Joseph :) )
- admin parameter now shows "display name" instead of "user nice name".
- Template system has changed: In older version, custom templates got deleted if an automatic upgrade was done. Now templates are stored in the theme folder. (Thanks Paul Clark)
- Added tag support
- Fixed bug for 'content'.
- There's new stuff on the widget options. I'm still working on it, so some bugs may appear.
- Widget implements WP 2.8 Widget API, so at least 2.8 is required. Now you can use as many widgets as necessary, with new params.
- Updated readme file.
- Fixed link to category.
- Improved template system.
- Fixed uber stupid bug with offset... Sorry about that!
- Exclude posts. Contribution by acub.
- Offset parameter on shortcode to start listing posts with an offset. Contribution by Levi Vasquez
- Content of the post can now be displayed. Contribution by Lang Zerner.
- Link to the category available. By request on the plugin's forum.
- Fixed small bug when using category name.
- Minor fix for unclosed ul if not using templates.
- Added option to list posts from many categories at once.
- Added option to exclude categories.
- Readme.txt validation.
- Added 'excerpt' parameter. You can now show the excerpt for each post.
- Added 'dateformat' parameter. Format of the date output. Default is get_option('date_format') - by Verex
- Added 'template' parameter. Now you can choose template for output of the plugin. File name of template from templates directory without extension. Example: For 'template.php' value is only 'template'. Default is 'default' that means template in code of plugin not in template file -by Verex
- Fixed some code to enable PHP 4 compatibility. Shouldn't hosting services update to PHP 5?
- Added 'date' parameter. Now you can show the post's date when listed.
- Added 'author' parameter. You can also show the post's author.
- Sidebar Widget now allows you to add a title in h2 tags.
- Changed some variable names, to keep better compatibility with other plugins/wordpress variables.
- Tested with WordPress 2.7.
- Broke backwards compatibility. Users of version 0.1 should update their pages and posts for the new shortcode formatting.
- Option to pass arguments to the plugin, in order to use name of category instead of ID, orderby, order and number of posts are passed through parameters.
- Added experimental sidebar widget (use at your own risk, not ready for prime-time yet since it hasn't been tested :P )
- Fixed major bug, which gave 404 error when trying to use "Options" page.
- Option page to limit number of posts.
- Working using [category=ID] for posts and pages, with several categories support.