Search for keywords using "STRG + F" keyboard shortcut (Mac: "CMD + F").
Where can I see this plugin in use?
For example, on http://kevinw.de/greenbird/.
Which video platforms are supported?
Videos from the biggest video platform, Youtube (http://youtube.com), and Vimeo (http://vimeo.com) are supported.
Does the Lazy Load for Videos plugin work when there is more than one video on the same page?
Yes. The plugin works on single posts and pages as well as on archive pages with several posts and videos.
Should I use the Lazy Load for Videos plugin?
- If you want to speed your site up, this plugin is for you. Especially on sites with many embedded videos this plugin is helpful. There are multiple reasons why you should make your site faster, see next question.
- The plugin is really lightweight and does neither blow your performance nor your database up.
- Video preview and play button are scalable and optimized for mobile devices.
- Finally, Lazy Load for Videos is really easy to use. Simply upload and activate the plugin.
Why are a faster website and a higher Google PageSpeed Score great?
- Search engines, especially Google, love speedy sites! So you will be higher ranked in search results.
- Consequently, you get more visitors.
- Fast sites lead to higher visitor engagement and returning visitors.
- Moreover, faster sites increase conversions.
How can I calculate my Google PageSpeed Score?
PageSpeed Insights is a service by Google to help you optimize your site's performance. You can analyse your site using a browser extension or online, more information: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/
How to embed videos in WordPress?
Easily post the URL to your content (e.g. Youtube video) into a post or page. The URL must be on its own line and must not be hyperlinked. "WordPress will automatically turn [the URL] into a YouTube embed when the post is viewed." (Source: http://codex.wordpress.org/Embeds)
Solved: The plugin isn't working with Jetpack...
"Jetpack" by WordPress.com offers some useful extensions. Only one of them makes Lazy Load for Videos break – the "Shortcode Embeds" extension. So simply disable the extension. (In order to see a "Deactivate" button for "Shortcode Embeds" on the Jetpack's extension overview, you must click on "Learn More".)
Known bugs - this plugin may not work correctly when one of the following plugins is activated...