Note: Because this plugin has been around for a while and numerous older versions exist, yet version 1.4 is the first version to actually be included in the WordPress Plugin Repository, any older versions are NOT available here. If you'd like to download an older version, you can do so at the Kimili Flash Embed for WordPress Home Page.
- Added an option to utilize the allowFullScreenInteractive mode introduced in Flash Player 11.3
- Tested up to WordPress 3.8.1
- Tested up to WordPress 3.7
- Added Serbo-Croatian localization (Thanks to Borisa Djuraskovic).
- Changed the way the Generator code detects the WordPress directory. This will allow KFE to be references via symbolic links.
- Updated information about the "allowScriptAccess" defaults
- Fixed some typos and clarified some information about how the internal SWFObject references are set up. (Thanks Adam Samec for pointing out these last two tweaks)
- Removed inline attribution in public HTML
- Security patch to utilize updated version of SWFObject (identified by kitchin). Now, when choosing to use the internal version of SWFObject (which is the recommended approach as of this update), KFE will reference the copy of SWFObject included with WordPress if you're using WP 3.3.2 or newer, otherwise, it'll reference the copy of SWFObject bundled with the plugin.
- Addressed issues with some warnings being thrown.
- Tested up to WordPress 3.3.1
- Added Romanian localization (Thanks to Web Geek Science)
- Tested up to WordPress 3.1.3
- Updated some deprecated functions
- Added Irish Gaelic localization (Thanks to lets be famous)
- Tested up to WordPress 3.0
- Added German localization (Thanks to BHV)
- Tested up to WordPress 3.0 beta 2
- Fixed a conflict with the WP FollowMe plugin, where the flash content of that plugin was getting hidden.
- Added Dutch localization (Thanks to Alanya Hotels)
- Added Latvian localization (Thanks to Antsar)
- Corrected a conflict with the Contact Form 7 plugin which was causing a blank KFE Tag Generator window.
- Fixed a bug introduced in 2.1 when not using SWFObject 2.2's auto hide/show behavior.
- Now utilizes SWFObject 2.2
- Added ability to set defaults for every attribute in the KFE tag generator.
- Fixed an issue when using KFE on SSL pages.
- Added Russian & Belarusian localizations (Thanks to Fat Cow)
- Added Spanish localization (Thanks to Cropcreativos Hosting)
- Fixes an HTML validation issue when using the fvars attribute
- Complete rewrite utilizing SWFObject 2.1
- Fixes an incompatibility with the Rich Text Editor in WordPress 2.7
- Fixed a bug with how fvars are output in RSS feeds.
- Fixed a problem with URL file-access on some server configurations.
- Fixed an incompatibility with other plugins that were using the buttonsnap.php library
- Updated Toolbar buttons to work with TinyMCE 3, used in WordPress 3
- Added "allowFullScreen" attribute for full support of Flash Player 9
- Fixed a bug when specifying percentage heights and widths.
- Fixed movie ID (fid attribute) handling.
- Simplified Express Install handling to reflect changes in SWFObject 1.5
- Cleaned up code, declaring undeclared variables.
- Improved compatibility with other plugins.
- Removed the need to turn off GZIP compression.
- Added Flash movies to RSS feeds.
- Added a "targetclass" attribute to define a class name for the element which the SWF will be rendered within.
- Fixed a problem with invalid HTML rendering.
- Fixed a problem when passing in URLs with query strings in the FVARS attribute.
- Added Rich Text Editor Toolbar button to quickly insert KFE tags in a post.
- Much improved compatibility with other WordPress plugins and themes. (yay!)
- Simplified embedding multiple instances of the same SWF.
- Removed FlashObject code from RSS feeds, allowing for feed validation.
- Updated JS to latest codebase. (FlashObject 1.3d)
- Updated JS to latest codebase. (FlashObject 1.3, released 1/17/06)
- Modified JS to support old browsers.
- Includes Express Install functionality.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Flash movie from displaying properly on archive pages.
- Initialized some previously uninitialized variables, cleaning things up a bit
- Fixed a bug that prevented fvars from being passed to the flash
- Dealt with a strange WP behaivior that was keeping the code from validating (See URL above for more info)