JournalPress is a WordPress plugin that enabled cross-posting to sites running LiveJournal Server (i.e. Dreamwidth, LiveJournal, JournalFen, et al.). It is based on the existing LJXP plugin, however it has a raft of new features including:
- Support for multiple different mirror journals;
- Support for custom security groups (via WP-Flock);
- Support for scheduled posts;
- Support for posts created from interfaces (i.e. XML-RPC, Atom);
- Mood, music and location support;
- Per-post-per-journal userpic selection;
- Support for cut text; and
It is currently in its "stable beta" stage, and as such some features may not be available or a little wonky.
The latest updates about the plug-ins development can be found in the project blog.
- More mucking about with
serialize(), hopefully now backwards-compatible.
- Fixed the nonsensical use of
serialize() to work with WordPress v3.0-RC1.
- More sensible backdating.
- Journal pics, finally!
- Batch updates should hopefully no longer spam f-lists.
- Fixes for bugs: #2, #7 and #8.
- Added an option to allow comments on f-locked crossposts only.
- Made some changes to how the tickyboxes on the post screen behave. Should be more sane now.
- Scheduled posts should now behave a bit better.
- Batch update/delete all posts functionality added, care of branchandroot.
- WP-Flock compatibility added.
- Interface post support added.
- Some general menu cleaning done to work prettier with WP 2.7.
- WordPress 2.7 RC1 compatible, yay!
- Re-re-fixed the non-Roman character support. Hopefully for the last time.
- Debugged some of the backdating stuff. It's a bit more brute force now, but hopefully more reliable (maybe).
- Added the ability to tag a post with categories, tags or both (you'll need to re-update your options).
- JournalPress should now accept non-Roman characters in the crosspost text, music and mood field (location and tags still have issues, but I maintain this one is LiveJournal's fault).
- Quotes no longer cause icky backslashes to appear in the mood, music and location fields.
- Thanks to some of the world's most convoluted return code, errors are now no longer silent.
- Scheduled post support added.
- Basic mood, music and location support added.
- Post are now tagged with tags as well as categories (gogo undocumented functions).