Let your readers share content from your website on many social networks.
Before asking for help
- If this plugin works (which means it activates without problems), please post your help request on the original Jetpack forums. Your chances of getting help will be much better. I'm not the developer of this plugin. See notes below.
- If, otherwise, this plugin does not work (which means it is not activating or it's breaking your bolg), please ask here, and I shall help you fix it ASAP.
- Choose social networks buttons you'd like to add.
- Drag and drop style for button selection.
- Hide some buttons behind a share button.
- Add your own custom buttons.
- Choose from 4 different buttons styles: icon only, text only, icon + text, or official buttons.
- Custom sharing label. (displayed next to sharing buttons)
- Open links in the same window, or in a new one.
- Choose where the buttons show up.
- Preview how the buttons will be appear on your website, right from the settings page.
- Press This (only available on sites that are part of a multisite network)
Here’s a quick video to show you all the great things you can do with Sharing:
Even more details?
Check out Jetpack Sharing module page.
Jetpack is a plugin that ships with many modules. Why install the whole package, if you're just interested in one module?!
This plugin is the exact Sharing module of the original Jetpack plugin, only without all the extra stuff.
The version number of this plugin will follow the version number of Jetpack. This way, it's easier for you to know which Jetpack version this module was extracted from.
Things you'd be happy to know:
- The module is almost untouched. (Some lines had to be removed and some had to be added, for the sole reason of making the module a stand-alone plugin).
- The module was carefully extracted from the package. That means there is no missing feature or some irrelevant code.
- The module does not require a connection to a WordPress.com account.
Original translations were not included, due to the fact that Jetpack uses one transaltion file for all the modules, which makes it really difficult to extract translations.
The good news is that the module can be translated easily. In fact, it has already been translated to the following languages:
- Arabic translation by the author.
- Swedish translation by Max Beta.
- Portuguese translation by Celso Azevedo
You may also like