- Complete the iscribbled.com provider registration. Note: If you do not complete the registration step, you will not be able to moderate comments for your website.
- Follow the instructions. You will be able to download the wordpress plugin zip file to your machine. Unzip and put the contents of the plugin under plugins folder (/wp-content/plugins). You should now have a folder - /wp-content/plugins/iscribbled
- Go to Admin->Plugins and activate the plugin "iscribbled".
You will now need to edit your blog's html source. Go to Admin -> Edit Post. Click on "HTML" tab to go to HTML view. Mark any div/span/p element to enable commenting for that section (details below). The commenting window appears on page refresh.
- Say you want to enable commenting for some text that is not already wrapped in a div/span/p element, then wrap your text in one of html tags (div/span or p). If you already have this, then skip this step.
- Assign an id (unique to the page) to the element you want to enable comments for. In some instances you may already have one, in which case skip this step.
<div class="myclass">Some text ...</div>
<div id="some_unique_id" class="myclass can_be_scribbled">Some text ...</div>
That's it! The commenting icon will appear next to the element you marked on page refresh.