Grants or denies access to a list of IP addresses.
Unauthorized IP addresses will get a 403 Forbidden HTTP header.
The error message is customizable and can contain HTML.
Blocked IP addresses can be logged.
IP addresses to be filtered can be typed in a text zone. Here is a list of what you can put in this text zone:
- Free format, you are not limited to put one IP address per line
- Comments are allowed and will be ignored by IP Filter, but they should not contain IP addresses and the "*" character
- IPv4 and IPv6 addresses are allowed
- Wildcard character "*" is accepted for IPv4 but it must represent a complete field. IP addresses without wildcard can't be truncated. Examples:
- Correct: 10.20.30.40
- Correct: 10.20.*.40
- Correct: 10.*.*.*
- Correct: 10.*
- Correct: *.20
- Correct: *
- Incorrect: 10.2*
- Incorrect: 10.20
- Incorrect: 10.2*.30.40
Be careful about the following points:
- If you choose the "deny" filter type and you add your IP to the deny list, you will loose access to your website
- If you choose the "grant" filter type and you do not add your IP to the list, you will loose access to your website
- If you add the "*" filter, nobody will be able to access to your website
This plugin requires PHP 5 and WordPress 3.x