Is there a quick tutorial?
See the "Getting Started" section or watch the Quick Start Tutorial:
Where can I find full documentation?
Docs can be found at http://www.lilaeamedia.com/plugins/intelliwidget/
How do I put a custom menu on one specific page?
- Add a new IntelliWidget to one of your sidebars on the Widgets Admin. Check the "Placeholder only" box. This keeps the widget from appearing on all the pages.
- Go to Pages and click the page to edit.
- You will see a new meta box labeled "IntelliWidget Profiles."
- Click "+ Add New Profile."
- Select the sidebar to which you added the IntelliWidget in the first step from the "Parent Profile to replace" menu.
- From the "Post Selection" panel, choose the "Menu" template.
- Select the posts for your menu from the "specific posts" multi-select menu.
- Click "Save Settings."
- If you have a custom menu already set up in the "Appearance > Menus" you can use it instead of building it from scratch.
- Follow the steps as before.
- In the Child Profile, open the "General Settings" panel. Select "Nav Menu" from the "IntelliWidget Type" menu.
- Select the menu you want to use from the "Menu to use" select menu.
- Click "Save Settings."
- Use the IntelliWidget Shortcode on the page. You don't need a Placeholder to use this option.
- Set up a new Child Profile on the page like usual, but select "Shortcode in Post Content" as the "Profile to replace" option.
- In the content, add the shortcode [intelliwidget section=#] where # is the number of the Child Profile tab.
Where do I put custom templates/stylesheets?
Here are the steps:
- Add a directory in your theme named "intelliwidget".
- Create a copy of "intelliwidget.css" (located in the "templates" directory of the plugin) and drop it into this directory.
- Adjust the styles as necessary.
- Review the documentation for more information:
Why isn't IntelliWidget displaying the featured image?
By default, IntelliWidget does not display the featured image. To enable the featured image,
open the "Appearance" panel in the IntelliWidget settings and choose an image size from the "Image Size" select menu.
Why are posts showing and hiding several hours before or after the time I entered?
Dates are calculated using the WordPress current_time() function. Make sure you have set the correct
timezone under Settings > General in the WordPress admin.
Why isn't my Custom Post Type appearing as an option?
Custom Post Types must support custom fields (post meta data) for IntelliWidget to recognize them.
Change the 'supports' parameter in the register_post_type function to include 'custom-fields', e.g.,
'supports' => array(