How to add a stream
So now you will add a stream. This is a stream of images that follows a set of rules. There are two mayor types of streams, user streams and tag streams. A user stream only contains images from one user (the one who activates the stream) and a tag streams contains public images that contains a specific tag. Here is an explanation to the fields on the page:
- Name: the name of the stream
- Placeholder title for post: This will be the title. you can use these placeholders. %user% - the user that uploaded the image, %tag% - the tag for the stream and %caption% - tha caption for the image. So a title can look like this: "%user%: %caption%". But when you publish the image it will look like this: "ferenyl: I love my job".
- Type: There are three different types now, user, tag and likes. The user type will get all images from a user, the tag type will get all images with a tag and likes type will get all images that a user has liked (the user is the one who has activated the stream).
- Tag: The tag to use in a tag stream. Or filter a user stream with a tag.
- Auto create post: Do you want to publish a image automaticly or do you want to do it manually?
- Post Type: Do you have more than one post type? choose a post type to save in.
- Post status: You can publish it right away or make it a draft if you want to edit them first.
- Post format: if your theme support post formats you can choose one here (Image is ideal).
- Taxonomy: Choose a taxonomy if you have more than one.
- Term: Choose a term in that taxonomy
- Taxonomy for tags: if you want to tag your image
- Auto set tag: Convert the image instagram tags to wordpress tags
- Attachment type: Choose how to attach the image to the post. Make sure your theme supports featured images before choosing that. Both is a great choice.
You will be directed to the stream page when you have clicked on save. You must authorize the stream before you can use it. The stream will be connected with the user who authorizes it.