This plugin provides a widget which offers links to different automatic translations of the current site in one of your sidebars.
It is one of the simplest widgets available for this task, using the individual plugins listed at http://carlosquiles.com/indo-european-language-blog/wordpress-translation-plugin/
- it doesn't show flag images but instead uses the native language name - it saves load time, and visitors don't have to click the flag of the UK to read the English version, or the flag of Spain to read the Spanish one.
- it displays valid XHTML code - with correct XML lang definitions.
- links (horizontal and vertical versions) come by default with the tag "rel=nofollow", so they are not followed by search engines like Google and you don't 'lose' pagerank.
- it is easily customised - for language deletions or additions alike.
- it links to all available languages and language pairs of Google Translation Engine, from and into English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish.
- other translation plugins usually play with your DB or Permalinks to create a fiction of having more blog pages with hiden links to external translations, to cheat Google and get more indexed (fictional) pages: with this plugin, you only add automatic links, and you can quit it when you want without any problems at all.